Posted October 02, 2014
I tried the Indiana Math and Science Academy (which is a JOKE) Had to come back HOME to IPS #34 We are family at 34 The teachers and all staff are here for you no matter the situation Home is where the heart is As long as my kids are in grade school 34 is where they will be! #lovemy34

Posted June 05, 2014
I loved this school it was one of the reason's why my childhood was so bright. I enjoyed every year all the way up to sixth grade. I first started in the older building which then got knocked down and rebuilt. I remember graduating the sixth grade thinking only six more year's until high school graduation. So here I am today at nineteen year's old a year after graduating high school and I will be attending college at IUPUI. Life is so beautiful and my amazing elementary school will never be forgotten !

Eleanor Skillen Elementary School 34 4

Posted September 23, 2013
At Eleanor Skillen School the staff cares greatly about their students. They work to provide as many experiences and as much opportunity as possible while staying within an inappropriately tight budget. They have a media specialist (librarian) only once a month, but the children love reading. All of the grades look forward to when they get to read to the therapy dogs that visit weekly. Other volunteer support the school as well, stepping in where working parents are not able to. It is a school that cares and provides a wonderful warm, family environment to all of the kids. While the area that is served by IPS #34 is very low-income, the kids are bright and respectful and the teachers are equally warm and caring. There is lots of support from intervention staff and outside volunteers, bringing otherwise unavailable experiences to the kids. I think this is a great school.

Eleanor Skillen Elementary School 34 4

Posted October 28, 2012
This school is amazing! They have such supportive teachers and an incredible staff. The students are polite and thoughtful; I love volunteering here! Their culture is very inclusive and they provide a positive learning atmosphere.

Posted June 17, 2009
I am the grandmother/guardian of Halie, a kindergarten student at School 34. I'm sure letters and phone calls from upset parents/guardians expressing disappointment of a teacher happens all too often. People have no problem in taking time to complain about someone. Parents expect teachers to do their job not realizing what that means. Kids today are living with what they feel is a sense of entitlement and that sickens me. This is being taught to them by today s society. Teachers are expected to put up with more and more every year. This letter is to commend a teacher at School 34, Mrs. Carey Lee. She is my granddaughter Halie's kindergarten teacher. Over the past school year my granddaughter has suffered many family trials. Mrs. Lee has gone above and beyond her job as an educator for Halie through all of these times. She has held her in times of fear, cried with her in times of hurt, wiped her tears, sat her down and gave her hope for a better tomorrow. Never letting her problems or her adversities be an excuse for entitlement. I believe Mrs. Lee has laid a foundation of much more than beginning academics. The bond she has developed with Halie will truly be life long. If the standards Mrs. Lee has set were followed by all educators it could possibly put an end to this entitlement era of children. Halie is a bright young girl who struggled with her schoolwork coming into the 2008/9 school year. Mrs. Lee successfully provided a positive and patient learning program in her class. Frankly, Halie had problems keeping up early in the year. However, after a short time Mrs. Lee had her up to speed and exceeding my most optimistic expectations. 'Homework' changed from a frustrating battle to a joyful sharing of Halie's success. I am so proud of what Halie has learned in the past months at School 34, and I attribute a great deal of that to the skills and compassion shown by Mrs. Lee. Halie has a long way to go through elementary school, high school, and college. Mrs. Lee has helped provide Halie the confidence to know she is a bright child, and the curiosity to want to know more. I can't expect this kind of care and excellence from all of Halie's future teachers and professors, but Mrs. Lee has set a standard I will never forget.

Posted May 29, 2009

Eleanor Skillen Elementary School 34 3

Posted December 14, 2004

Posted September 09, 2003

Eleanor Skillen Elementary School 34
1410 Wade Street, Indianapolis, IN  46203
Last modified Eleanor Skillen Elementary School 34 is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eleanor Skillen Elementary School 34 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top