Bad
Good

School 55 is a positive and safe environment for all children. Staff work hard to ensure that learning is top priority. There is never a time in the day before and after school where there are not hard-working teachers going above and beyond.

My opinion of this school has greatly changed from the beginning of the school year to now. My son is a 3rd grader. I've sat in his class for a couple of weeks and see that some of the staff is not capable or unwilling to meet the children where they are in terms of learning style. I had the pleasure of seeing the principle get 2in from a students face, pointing her finger in his face about not being quiet during a tornado drill. I've never given my child a free pass for any misbehaviors, however this school's sense of discipline takes things to a WHOLE other level. My child was suspended because he did not want to put his coat on at the end of the day. Yes, I'm sure he got an attitude, but really...why are you battling with a child about a coat. Everything is considered defiant. My neighbor's child was chastised for making fun of a teacher's name. Really?! Who didn't do that has a kid. I was warned about IPS, however, being new to the area, who would've known. Yes, there are alot of opportunites to be involved with your child at this school, so if your child expresses something about his/her teacher or staff at this school, please listen and go see for yourself!

The teachers are good and work with parents. However the academics leaves something to be desired. My kids are bored in school because they already know most of the stuff they're doing.

My kid goes to Eliza Blaker School 55 and is a 5th grader there. I feel it is the perfect size with about 300 kids so not too small but certainly not too big. My son is a 5th grader there and with my past experiences of coming in and whatnot i have never been more pleased with the teachers and the great Principal. Just going into detail for instance, the Art Teacher is very good and got my son very involved in art and seems to show a passion for it. The staff there creates such a good environment i would say it is definitely one of the top elementary schools at IPS.

Last modified Eliza A. Blaker School 55 is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.