Bad
Good

Francis W. Parker School 56 1

Posted December 16, 2015
This used to be a wonderful school with a strong family and community feeling. Recently there has been a lot of turnover. The principal has been very disrespectful to me as a parent. I would not recommend this school.

Francis W. Parker School 56 4

Posted May 15, 2014
I have been so impressed with this school and the faculty. My twins started pre-K at School 56 and have learned so, so much, both socially and academically. I love the Montessori combined classroom approach that lets the children achieve and acquire skills that they might not otherwise be exposed to until next year. I do think communication with parents could be better in terms of opportunities for parent involvement or volunteer opportunities during the school day or week.

Francis W. Parker School 56 1

Posted May 05, 2014
Can not stand the principal of this school. She has no respect for parents or teachers.

Posted September 04, 2012
By the way i wrote the review where i attended from '97-01' and i was trying to put in five stars for excellent but for some reason the computer wasn't letting me so yes it is 5 STARS as in excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 14, 2005
I attended this school as a student from 1989-1996 and can attest to the fact that it is an amazing school. Much of the staff is still the same, and they are truly exceptional educators. I am now a junior in college and a firm believer in a Montessori education. I am not sure where I would be without school #56, but I do not believe I would be as critical a thinker, or as conscious a citizen had I not attended such an amazing school.

Posted March 16, 2004
My daughter has a bad attention problem. I felt like alot of schools had given up, yet when I enrolled her at 56, I was surprised. The teachers and the principal are so understanding and caring, that I was amazed I was in an inner-city school. The atmosphere and strong leadership skills are wonderful. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

Francis W. Parker School 56 4

Posted February 18, 2004
For being an inner city school, this is an astonishingly good application of the Montessori philosophy, dealing as well as possible with the challenges offered by their environment.

Francis W. Parker School 56
2353 N. Columbia Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46205
Last modified Francis W. Parker School 56 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francis W. Parker School 56 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top