James A Garfield School 31 5

Posted June 12, 2013
I have been raising my 2 grandchildren for 5 years now and they have attended this school throughout. Not only did the staff and teachers take time to learn of our situation, they provided counseling and support to my grandkids along with teaching. I love the teachers that my 2 grandkids have had, they are very informative to me as a guardian and have been there to offer extra academic help when the kids need it. I have high respect for the school and faculty at IPS 31.

James A Garfield School 31 4

Posted September 16, 2012
Moved back to Indianapolis Indiana from Martinsville Indiana, by Boy was in school in Martinsville and he was doing good in school there but when we moved back to Indy we found out he was behind on what they were doing in class in Indy he quickly got caught up on things and now doing great they worked with my son and now he is doing a lot more and learning all he needs and more we love this school they have a great staff

James A Garfield School 31 1

Posted January 13, 2011
My two boys just moved from township. We are one street over that makes us IPS. My son has a very strong IEP. They started right after thanksgiving. Well then the school had a sceret santa gift shop. My two boy bought a tool kit. They brong it home where my 8 year old looks at me and says "MOM THIS HAS A RAZOR BLADE IN IT" I call and talk to the principal. He states " Oh there were only 40 sold" WHAT R U FOR REAL????" I ask him to send a letter to all parents letting them know they sold their child a razor blade and it could be under their bed. NO he said we cant do that. I am so up set with that. If my child would have brong that to school I would have CPS at my door step asking why I am not being a mother and let my child get his hands on that. But its ok for the school.

James A Garfield School 31 0

Posted December 27, 2008
I moved to this school from a township school. My child was being concidered for a gifted program. We moved into IPS district so I could get closer to my job. My student is now failing. The focus is not in the classroom where it should be. I am now looking for a private school. I understand the school can not do anything about it, their biggest concern is not in the classroom. As sad as it is, it is on the safety and well being of every student who walks through that door. Sadly, my childs education suffers because of that. Please do your research before you move. All I can do, is fight for an education for my son, and find him a better school. Even if I have to pay for it.

James A Garfield School 31 1

Posted February 07, 2008

James A Garfield School 31
307 Lincoln Street, Indianapolis, IN  46225
Last modified James A Garfield School 31 is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James A Garfield School 31 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.