Bad
Good

Posted April 22, 2015
Went here for 2 years and it was terrible I wouldn't even know where to start on how bad it is. At this school it's either you fit in or you get bullied and harassed for not fitting in students don't care I've seen people smoking outside people walking in and out constantly I've even seen people that go to a whole different school inside during school hours! It's not a good school at all if this is your boundary for your child drive them to a better school like a township school. I left here to go to north central and love it

Posted March 17, 2015
Man let me tell you , this is the worst school you could ever come to . it's horrible , I hate it here . if I was a parent I would never enroll my child in this school. This school is filled with bullies and they don't get in trouble for their actions . the police mace the halls and students even innocent students . there is always a fight , EVERYDAY ! The teachers can't teach because of the students that have bad behavior , the students fight the teachers and argue with them . it's just terrible here . I can't wait to leave this school. Im a new student and I was bullied my first week here . it's Just horrible

Posted October 31, 2014
I had written a review about my middle schooler that attends NW. I mentioned the middle school "lockdown". Now I will review the High School. The HS is much worse than the MS. There's a great majority of students that could care less about going to school and it shows by the way they carry themselves, but administration puts all of the students in the same box. Everyone is labeled. They are harassed by the staff over the uniform policy. They must attend school with probationers with the PO on site. The children are also being exposed to pepper spray. IPS Police like to spray it if there is an argument to prevent fights, but innocent students get sprayed also. The school needs to be shutdown! There isn't any educating going on, the teachers are distracted by having to constantly address class disruptions. At times, they stoop to the child's level by using profanity. There is a saying at NW, "get rid of all the bad ones and keep the good". Too bad, but I will be taking my 'good' away. THE SCHOOL NEEDS TO BE SHUTDOWN!!!

Posted November 11, 2013
THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL i have ever been in, the children are disrespectful cursing all the time and alot of ppl were getting bullied. I got bullied 24/7 because everyone knew i hated drama and fighting and that i was nice. Also, the teachers (50%) were rude and did not care. I reccomend not to go.

Posted June 12, 2013
This is not a very good school. We transferred to Northwest after moving here to Indy. The staff is unprofessional (fist fighting with each other in front of students) for just an example. I've been hung up on by the registrar. There is a sense of "not caring" in the school. It seems that the teachers care more about 2:30 then the children's educations that they're paid to teach. Hopefully, next year the staff will be more caring, seeing how supposedly they are getting some new staff. I pray for the kids that attend this school, including my child. They need a safe place to learn where the teachers care.

Posted April 10, 2013
I am pulling my daughter out and do NOT advise ANYONE to allow their kids to go here. WAY TO MUCH BULLYING and teachers nseeing it and do NOTHING. I have been in there many times over the bullying and my child has told every teacher she knows, the dean, the principle, the counclers, and the cops and NOBODY will listen!!!!!!

Northwest Community High School (9-12) 5

Posted September 05, 2009
Principle Larry Yarrell is an excellent leader, and always has the best interest of our children at heart. We're fortunate to have him.

Northwest Community High School (9-12) 5

Posted February 21, 2009
This school is filled with Ivy Leage level teachers

Northwest Community High School (9-12)
5525 West 34th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46224
Last modified Northwest Community High School (9-12) is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.