24dd3b2266a4d5bb61aa0adc60b260c36e6e3deb-130

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 5220036 5

Posted August 02, 2013
I am a former parent. Both of my children attended School 91 and it was a great experience for them and for me. I cried when my youngest left the school. The teachers are amazing and clearly love what they do. The Montessori Philosophy is a wonderful way to teach children and my children have a strong love of learning. The parent group at the school is very active and supportive of the needs of students, families and teachers.

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 5220112 5

Posted August 02, 2013
I have put two kids through school 84 and two kids through school 91. Both are good schools, but school 91 is the best primary and middle school in Indianapolis. My children have been able to excel as the staff allows the children to learn at their own pace. For example my second grader was able to work with the third graders in math due to his abilities. No kid is held back from their potential. Any family considering public school in Indianapolis should visit 91. You won't go anywhere else.

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 5137784 5

Posted May 18, 2013
School 91 is a warm, caring environment for all children! The teachers and staff are incredible and giving! The students are respectful and kind to each other. We are so fortunate to have this great public education choice in our neighborhood!

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 2463711 5

Posted May 17, 2013
Our son is a 7th grader at school 91 and has been a student there since kindergarten. I have to say that we are so impressed with the middle school teachers at 91. They work well together as a team and make every effort to assist our son in working to his potential. They are incredibly caring teachers and have high expectations of their students. We know our son will be well-prepared for high school when he leaves 91.

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 4468239 5

Posted April 10, 2013
We have had an outstanding experience at 91. My kindergartener is very bright but not the easiest kid to deal with and the teachers, staff and administrators have worked with us tirelessly to maximize his success. We love this school. I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten in.

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 5079727 5

Posted March 19, 2013
I am both a teacher and future parent (my daughter will be attending School 91 next year) at this school. When I bought my home as a single person, I intentionally bought within walking distance from School 91 in order to fully commit to the community. I consider it a blessing that I now live in the boundaries of the school and will be sending my own children to 91. In addition, I am also comfortable allowing my children to have any of the teachers in the building-they are all excellent, from the classroom teacher to the special area teachers to the assistants. It is an incredibly diverse school racially, socio-economically, and academically but all students garner respect and caring for each other. I am also incredibly impressed with the peer mentoring program for the students with autism that goes beyond the classroom into lunch and recess. Students actively choose to engage with children of all ability levels and build friendships. I consider it a blessing and honor to work and serve the School 91 community and am excited to become a parent within the community next school year!

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 3819732 5

Posted September 17, 2009
Why do you love Rousseau Mc Clellan 91? Building of responsible and independent character, caring teachers and administrative leadership.

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 3044959 5

Posted January 06, 2009
Our oldest daughter began 1st grade at a different IPS school in 2008. She was on the waiting list for School 91 and a few weeks into the school year, a spot opened at 91. The transition was exciting and challenging for her and us to acclimate to - I suppose we were used to a traditionally structured grade school. But thanks to a great, caring staff and open communication with her teachers, she's doing great. One of the greatest benefits of the Montessori method as its implemented by 91 is how self reliance and responsibility is part of the curriculum. We look forward to more years at 91, and to sending our youngest daughter there as well.

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 3273683 5

Posted October 01, 2008
I am a volunteer at School 91 and am impressed with the school's community spirit. They readily welcome the community to volunteer at the school. They have so many wonderful things going on there. The DOE has honored them as a National Blue Ribbon School this year. If you're looking for a school look here first!!

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 1544129 5

Posted September 23, 2008
My daughter is in 4th grade now at IPS #91. This is her 3rd year. We continue to be impressed with the high caliber of care and education shown by the teacher's and staff. It is public school with a personal atmosphere. It is extremely diverse and yet everyone exists in harmony and the overall feeling is happy and positive...negativity is not allowed and the teachers facilitate conflicts between students...a note of apology is written stating what they did and why they are sorry. For every action there are consequences, the kids learn to live with others different from themselves. If this isn't prep for 'real life' I don't know what is! I just couldn't be more pleased and consider my tax dollars more than well spent! This school puts out kids who are ready to tackle whatever life throws them.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91
5111 Evanston Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46205
Rousseau McClellan Montessori School 91 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.