Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have both of my children at 91, my daughter in 3rd grade and my son is a PreK student. My husband and I knew very little about 91 or the Montessori method until we were being ready to submit our magnet application. I toured the school and observed a classroom, and was thoroughly impressed. We got a spot at 91 and I am thankful every day since that we did! The teachers are wonderful across the board, professional, skilled and loving. The sense of community is amazing, and the students learn every day to respect each other's differences, abilities and challenges. Having our children at a diverse school was very important to us. At 91, our kids have friends from all different racial, geographic, social and economic backgrounds, who love and respect each other and truly are interested in learning more about each other. We had an opportunity to send our oldest to Sidener, the high ability school, beginning in second grade, which we turned down because we were so completely satisfied with 91. I'm so glad we kept her where she is. She has grown academically, emotionally, as a leader in her classroom, and in her world view. Even though my two children are very different from each other in energy and personality, they are both blossoming at 91.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework load is completely manageable, and flexible, fitting with the Montessori philosophy of time management and self direction

My daughter started at school 91 in K. She is now in 1st grade. Initially we weren't sure if the school was a good fit for her because she prefers to day dream and draw. She has figured out with the help of her teachers, how to complete her work plan and to balance work and play (drawing). She is well organized and has adapted well to school and home routines. In addition, she went from having little interest in reading to reading at a 3rd grade level in a matter of months. The teachers and admin staff are focused on creating a learning and caring environment. It's an awesome school!

I am a former parent. Both of my children attended School 91 and it was a great experience for them and for me. I cried when my youngest left the school. The teachers are amazing and clearly love what they do. The Montessori Philosophy is a wonderful way to teach children and my children have a strong love of learning. The parent group at the school is very active and supportive of the needs of students, families and teachers.

I have put two kids through school 84 and two kids through school 91. Both are good schools, but school 91 is the best primary and middle school in Indianapolis. My children have been able to excel as the staff allows the children to learn at their own pace. For example my second grader was able to work with the third graders in math due to his abilities. No kid is held back from their potential. Any family considering public school in Indianapolis should visit 91. You won't go anywhere else.

school 91 isawsome. My daughter has been at school 91 since kindergarten, and she is in 8th grade this year. The teachers are wonderful.

School 91 is a warm, caring environment for all children! The teachers and staff are incredible and giving! The students are respectful and kind to each other. We are so fortunate to have this great public education choice in our neighborhood!

Our son is a 7th grader at school 91 and has been a student there since kindergarten. I have to say that we are so impressed with the middle school teachers at 91. They work well together as a team and make every effort to assist our son in working to his potential. They are incredibly caring teachers and have high expectations of their students. We know our son will be well-prepared for high school when he leaves 91.

We have had an outstanding experience at 91. My kindergartener is very bright but not the easiest kid to deal with and the teachers, staff and administrators have worked with us tirelessly to maximize his success. We love this school. I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten in.

I am both a teacher and future parent (my daughter will be attending School 91 next year) at this school. When I bought my home as a single person, I intentionally bought within walking distance from School 91 in order to fully commit to the community. I consider it a blessing that I now live in the boundaries of the school and will be sending my own children to 91. In addition, I am also comfortable allowing my children to have any of the teachers in the building-they are all excellent, from the classroom teacher to the special area teachers to the assistants. It is an incredibly diverse school racially, socio-economically, and academically but all students garner respect and caring for each other. I am also incredibly impressed with the peer mentoring program for the students with autism that goes beyond the classroom into lunch and recess. Students actively choose to engage with children of all ability levels and build friendships. I consider it a blessing and honor to work and serve the School 91 community and am excited to become a parent within the community next school year!

Last modified Rousseau McClellan School 91 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.