Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My youngest daughter is in 7th grade at FCV. I am the parent that posted a poor review 6/25/08 regarding my older 2 children who attended FCV. I see a great improvement in the school this year from 2008. The school isn't nearly as crowded due to the 6th graders remaining in elementary school. We have been most impressed with the Orchestra program and the other opportunities like Musical Production. She seems to have teachers that care about her and that are supportive of individual student learning. We look forward to the rest of the school year & next.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Most of the teachers, we have had some disappointment with one not following through on helping our student

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

students are given opportunities to get assistance if they do not understand the work, also they are able to redo assignments if a poor grade was received. The emphasis is on learning, not the grade

Fall Creek Valley is an excellent school with a progressive curriculum and a diverse student body. The teachers and staff care about each and every child. The school district of Lawrence Township is one of the best in Indiana.

This has been a great school for us. I've had two kids there and the teachers and administrators have worked hard to make it a good learning environment. They've also been very caring, helpful and responsive when my kids have needed any special attention. Nearly every teacher we've had has been committed to helping the kids learn as much as they can and were very willing to work with me to help my kids succeed. The current principal, Kathy Luessow, has done much to turn this school around and make it a great place to learn. We wouldn't have had the tremendous teacher support we've had if that didn't come from the top down. Yes, the hallways are pretty crowded and can erupt with unruly behavior - but the school works hard to circumvent problems by having the teachers, administrators and security in the halls to keep an eye on things. Along with the troublemakers, there are lots of good kids and involved parents too. We had heard negative things about this school some years ago and actually considered moving out of the district to avoid it. I'm so glad we didn't. It's been a great experience and a great place for my kids.

This school can be whatever you make of it. Middle School is rough for most kids because of hormones and an introduction into the "harsh and cruel world." It would be a challenge for anyone to teach middle schools students and I would argue that most of them are rude. I would like to rectify what has been said and explain how this school is excellent. The band program was fantastic and I honestly could ask for a better one. It's better than some high school bands. While some teachers aren't ideal, they do get the job done. And most of the teachers there are committed to academic excellence. Again, the band program at FCVMS is fantastic. The teachers really know what their doing. It is safe, straight-edge and moral program that draws a lot of good kids to it. The halls are a crowded but honestly it's time to grow up a little and start to manage. And don't bring valuable to school if you don't want them to get stolen. That was stressed a great deal when I was there. And while the language arts program is weak, the rest of the school is strong. Social Studies, Math, and Science were great. The teachers are great. Great school.

I am a student there and it the hallways are a lil too crowded. The lockers are bigger than what other schools have. I love this school. I don't see much bullying as in other schools. There are some nice teachers.. (Mrs. Duncan, Sra. Duron, etc.) good school. But there are a lot of cliques. Very nice school.

I LOVE!!!!!! Fall Creek Valley Middle School's excellentent achivement in academics and preforming arts. For starters fcv choir is fabulous they sound like angles and are astounding,band/jazz is groving,piano is lovely,orchestra soothing,musical production is so amazing they have grown a lot from the partner scences their are actors that have came a long way and everyone else too. Now fro classes they are teaching a lot laungue arts is on the memoir section,social studies is on southwest asia, math is on irregular shapes ,science is on the eath and it's part. So as this closes up my review fall creek valley is an excellent school to send you kids to so don't hesitate. The princapal and vices and guidence councolours are verry helpful and they are very nice too. Finally the school is awesome so don't be afraid to vist. Shannon Jones, Alison kunkel teach musical production Alison Kunkel also teaches general music, choir ,glee club after school on wendays,Shannon Jones also teaches piano, the school rocks. THATS MY REVIEW OF FALL CREEK VALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL HOME OF THE BEARCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite all the previous posting, This is a wonderful school. Their comments must come from the problem kids. This is a prime location in Lawrence. wanted to set this school straight.

This is truly a pathetic school. I went there until the second semester of eighth grade (I'm now in tenth grade), and I have to say I feel so sorry for the teachers for having to put up with such unruliness everyday that are impossible to control. No-one pays attention to the classwork that's almost completely worthless anyway for serving almost no educational value and is rather disorganized and the students are all expected to learn fully from short-hand notes (and they wonder why their test scores are so low) on a marker board. It's absolutely hallacious in the halls and my sister was once even thrown to a locker and strangled. The time I attended the school was so miserable for me, the only time I was somewhat pleased was when I was in ARR for being late a few times and had almost no contact with anyone. It also didn't that in my time there from sixth to eigth grade, they changed the time to arrive from 7:50 to eventually 7:20.

Last modified Fall Creek Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.