Indianapolis, IN

Posted January 15, 2015
Forest Glen, and A rated school by the Indiana Dept. of Education, is a unique and amazing place. Students are taught in both English and Spanish with the goal of becoming bilingual. You can really see the progression in both languages as students enter the upper grade levels. They can speak, read and write in both English and Spanish. This program continues throughout junior high and high school (Fall Creek Valley Middle School & Lawrence North High School). The programs at Forest Glen truly increase a student's awareness of our global world and prepares them to excel in a global society. Other subjects are not forgotten - there is a strong focus daily on math skills, and science and social studies are taught in the upper grade levels. There is a fair amount of project work, along with a few school festivals each year that are fun and educational. Parental involvement is pretty high. People are down to earth, approachable and friendly. The teachers and administrators are great. Most are native Spanish speakers. They communicate with parents clearly and frequently. Forest Glen is more than a school, it is a family, a home.

Posted August 03, 2014
I am very proud to tell people I meet that my children attend Forrest Glen son has attended there since the 1st grade and will be in the 3rd grade this year along with his sister who will be starting Kindergarten. We are grateful for the opportunity for them to not only learn Spanish but to be around children from various and very diverse backgrounds! The academics there are enforced and the teachers really have a love for children and teaching the Spanish language. Such a great school.

Posted March 17, 2014
My son has attend Forest Glen since 1st grade. We have been extremely happy with every aspect of the school. Teachers are attentive and welcome parents in the classroom. Their communication with parents is also exceptional through computer, phone, and Friday folders. Students who follow the immersion program throughout school and graduate end up at the top of their graduating class. They also have experienced a small school environment since they have been with the same 50 students since kindergarten - this also increases parental engagement because we all know each other.

Posted November 21, 2013
Well love Forest Glen. My kids are learing Spanish and English at the same time. Outstanding teaches and kids!

Posted August 21, 2013
Forest Glen has an amazing language imersion program, that really gives the kids a leg up in all aspects of cognitive development.

Posted January 04, 2013
This is our third year at Forest Glen and we love it. Our son is in the full immersion program and it is amazing how much Spanish he has learned in three years. The school provides a wonderful multi-cultural and racially diverse environment that we wanted for our children. Families are involved in the school and we couldn't be happier!

Posted May 17, 2010
we have an amazing school with great teachers and a wonderful family support system.

Posted September 25, 2009
They have one of the most diverse programs I have seen. They truly welcome each student and help them become their personal best.

Posted September 22, 2009
My kids LOVE school. This is our first year there and we feel like part of the family. The entire staff is willing to assist. They address your concerns immediately. And the curriculum...words can't express. My firends loved this school and it came highly recommended now I see why. In a word Forest Glen can be defined as 'Extended Family' okay that's two :) I love my children new school and they do too.

Posted September 22, 2009
I love Forest Glen because of the dedication and support that the teachers demonstrate. Everyone that I have come into contact with has been nothing but supportive towards my sons and I and I really appreciate feeling like they are going the extra mile for all of their students.

6333 Lee Road, Indianapolis, IN  46236
Last modified Forest Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Glen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top