Indianapolis, IN
Students enrolled: 1,140
After care: No

Posted February 06, 2015
Belzer is a great middle school. The staff is caring, energetic and works hard to help students succeed. In addition to the core classes of math, language arts, science and social studies, students are encouraged to experience other areas of interest whether that's music, broadcasting/journalism, foreign languages, Project Lead The Way, or health and wellness. There are lots of electives for students to pursue. Additionally, students are eligible to take math, science and foreign language classes for high school credit.

Posted January 04, 2015
I have a son and daughter that attend the 7th grade at Belzer. I am very pleased with the quality of education they are receiving and equally pleased with the staff including the principal, asst. principals, teachers, counselors, front office staff and the janitorial staff. Everyone works as a team and sincerely cares for all students and are respectful toward one another as well as the students and parents. I would like to add that it is very important, as a parent, to remain connected to our children in their every day school Acadia and activities as well as with the school staff members. After all, it does take a village! Parent involvement is paramount to the success of every child in every school!

Posted September 20, 2014
I have a daughter that attends Belzer. She was having a pretty tough time adjusting to middle school socially. She is supported by the staff of her difficulties daily- she has a plan of care for times that she feels apprehension and anxiety. From the social worker and school counselors. I truly appreciate the care and concern that the staff- and teachers has handled her situation. I was very hesitant to allow her to return after she reported some bullying going on as well. But life has its unpleasantness. After we alerted the proper staff members of the situation , matters we're handled very discreetly. I was pleased with the outcome of the whole ordeal. Being a parent to a teenager is very challenging. But when I know I can count on her school to be an advocate for every child there, I have so much peace. The whole school is unique and truly care about the kids well -being.

Posted August 24, 2014
I addition to being a teacher here at Belzer, I am also a proud parent. I know that EVERY SINGLE teacher works tirelessly to meet students at their level and work to not only catch them up, but leads them to excellence. It is an uncommon experience to have a staff and principal know every students' current progress and everyone works as a team to improve their overall education. There is not just a single Language Arts or Math or Science or Social Studies teacher charged with helping each student grow academically; but rather everyone has a stake in every students' success, including the custodial staff, instructional assistants, special area teachers and more. We work together and it feels good to teach here, but also to bring my student to school each day knowing the level of effort and high expectations each teacher is putting forth daily in every child's education. Thank you all!!

Posted February 26, 2014
In case people forgot, EVERYTHING has its pros and cons. Every school is going to have its problems. My daughter just left Belzer last year, she was there for her 7th and 8th grade years. She LOVED it there (as much as a child can love school). One of the things that my daughter loved about Belzer was the principal Mr. Knoderer. She noted how he made a point to know all of his students; he saw a face... he knew their name. He talked to them about how they were doing; he valued them all and their opinions and I think much of the staff fed off of this as well. I've had a few emotional/mental concerns with my daughter due to a great deal of loss in her life and when sharing this with her counselor Mrs. Neal, she showed great compassion, maintained communication with myself and her teachers and helped my daughter whenever she needed it. I cannot say enough how much I've loved Lawrence Township! I hope it only continues to prosper!

Posted February 16, 2014
Our daughter attended Belzer for 7th and 8th grade. We were very pleased with the quality of her education. The communication from teachers was excellent and consistent. She greatly enjoyed the extracurriculars including band and sports. Belzer prepared her very well to take advanced courses in high school. We are eager for our next child to come to Belzer.

Belzer Middle School 4

Posted January 17, 2010

Belzer Middle School 1

Posted October 11, 2008

Belzer Middle School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
I have 2 sons who attend BMS and 1 son who is now in high school and he also attended BMS from 7th to 8th grade. My personal opinion regarding BMS is that the teachers that my sons have had throughout their tenure @ BMS are good at what they do and seem to be sincere in making sure that the students understand what is expected of them and make sure they retain and understand the information that is being taught throughout the year with lots of different resources. I also like the fact that each grade has a team and that there's 1 teacher that is designated the team leader of the team and on a more regular basis sends emails to the parents upcoming homework, progress reports, upcoming events, etc. Keep up the good work

Belzer Middle School 4

Posted August 30, 2007

Belzer Middle School
7555 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Belzer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belzer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top