Posted February 26, 2014
In case people forgot, EVERYTHING has its pros and cons. Every school is going to have its problems. My daughter just left Belzer last year, she was there for her 7th and 8th grade years. She LOVED it there (as much as a child can love school). One of the things that my daughter loved about Belzer was the principal Mr. Knoderer. She noted how he made a point to know all of his students; he saw a face... he knew their name. He talked to them about how they were doing; he valued them all and their opinions and I think much of the staff fed off of this as well. I've had a few emotional/mental concerns with my daughter due to a great deal of loss in her life and when sharing this with her counselor Mrs. Neal, she showed great compassion, maintained communication with myself and her teachers and helped my daughter whenever she needed it. I cannot say enough how much I've loved Lawrence Township! I hope it only continues to prosper!

Posted February 16, 2014
Our daughter attended Belzer for 7th and 8th grade. We were very pleased with the quality of her education. The communication from teachers was excellent and consistent. She greatly enjoyed the extracurriculars including band and sports. Belzer prepared her very well to take advanced courses in high school. We are eager for our next child to come to Belzer.

Posted January 17, 2010

Belzer Middle School 1

Posted October 11, 2008

Belzer Middle School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
I have 2 sons who attend BMS and 1 son who is now in high school and he also attended BMS from 7th to 8th grade. My personal opinion regarding BMS is that the teachers that my sons have had throughout their tenure @ BMS are good at what they do and seem to be sincere in making sure that the students understand what is expected of them and make sure they retain and understand the information that is being taught throughout the year with lots of different resources. I also like the fact that each grade has a team and that there's 1 teacher that is designated the team leader of the team and on a more regular basis sends emails to the parents upcoming homework, progress reports, upcoming events, etc. Keep up the good work

Posted August 30, 2007

Posted April 03, 2007
I have two boys in Belzer Middle School and have been fortunate enough to always have a fairly good group of teachers. We have also been fortunate enough to have a few teachers that truly have made a difference for my sons. And my experience with school staff outside of my own children has always shown them to be caring and interested in the best interests.

Posted March 10, 2007
Belzer Middle School is a great school that provides good education for growing teenagers minds and it also packs lots of fun in the learning activities

Posted January 10, 2007

Posted May 23, 2006
We have had three children attend Belzer Middle School. My last daughter recently completed the 7th grade. We have had excellent teachers during our tenure. There are many opportunities for student and parent involvement. The counselors are experienced and respond promptly to concerns. I have found that in any school setting that it is essential to be a partner with the school. The students that perform academically, follow the rules, and participate in activities are the happiest.

Contact Information

7555 East 56th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46226

School website

Belzer Middle School
7555 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Belzer Middle School is a public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belzer Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.