Indianapolis, IN

Posted March 12, 2015
The office people at Brook Park this year are horrible. They are rude to the kids that come in the office. They are smart mouth to the parents. My child will not be there next year if these same women are there.

Posted February 20, 2015
As of August 2014, Brook Park was lucky enough to be led by a wonderful new principal named Ms. Barnes. She commented that she felt like she was coming into a new school this year. Ms. Barnes has turned this school into a happy, warm, inviting school after 4 years of dreadful leadership by 2 ineffective principals. Her respect for her students and teachers is immense and palpable as soon as you enter the building. There are many more things that need to be fixed in this school district, but many of MSD Lawrence Township's problems in the last few years started with an anti-public school statewide agenda in 2008. Regardless of these external issues, Ms. Barnes and her hardworking and dedicated teachers are challenging all Brook Park students to be the best they can be. Next year will be even better.

Posted April 25, 2014
I couln't believe the grade this school recieved from the state. My girls have never been happier, nor more challenged than here at Brook Park. We will always support Brook Park!! My girls grades made straight A's all year long, really hard to believe their school got an "F"?!?

Brook Park Elementary School 2

Posted April 08, 2014
brook park and we have done nothing but go down hill.we should all be disciplined if we are not respectful.

Posted August 28, 2013
I agree with the sentiment of the parent who posted on August 21, 2013. The is a huge problem with the front office staff, who are very unprofessional, I have observed teachers speaking with very young students in elevated tones, the principle does not return phone calls, and the superintendent's office has been unresponsive to complaints I have made regarding the current dismissal policy. There is an armed police officer standing outside the doors at dismissal time and while I agree that there needs to be an orderly procedure for picking up children at the end of the day, I am not sure that having an armed police officer standing guard helps to improve the parent/administration relationship.

Posted August 21, 2013
This school has gone down hill in the last 2 years. My daughter started school loving to go everyday. With only 2 weeks in this school year she already no longer wants to go to school. With a teacher that yells at the kids and a principal that does not return phone calls for at least 2 or 3 days I am seriously thinking of putting her in a different school.

Posted October 08, 2011
I go to Brook Park and it's a okay school. Really environmental, and we do alot of outdoor work. Alot of animals too. The stretch is good but mostly it's just a grade above math and high reading. The stretch is divided into 3 classes. 1-2 in the same class, 3-4, 5-6. Its a fairly large school and taking care of the chickens is fun. Students help out alot with life skills too. My favorite teacher is Ms. Gavit! She's the 5-6 stretch teacher.

Posted August 31, 2007
Stretch (Gifted) Program is outstanding! We moved from another state and chose this area becuase of the Stretch program. We have 2 children enrolled and they are learning and perfoming at a level unmatched anywhere else.

Posted May 10, 2006
My child was accepted into the Stretch program this year, and left our neighborhood school to attend Brook Park. So far, so good. His teacher is very warm, and caring, and her syllabus is rigorous. He is being challenged daily.

Posted September 10, 2004
An excellent school with caring instructors and an outstanding principal in Barb Stryker. The stretch program offers challenging and varied coursework that requires parental involvement. It is a racially diverse student population, similar to what the student will experience once they enter middle school. High recommendation from parents of three Brook Park 'alums' and one current stretch student.

Brook Park Elementary School
5259 David Street, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Brook Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brook Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top