School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Today s elementary student is living in the age of instant access and constant communication: Twitter; YouTube; Facebook, Instagram. Want to know the distance from the Earth to Mars? Google it. Want to know what your friend is eating for dinner? Text him. It s important for students to make sense of the information and filter all of this data to make good decisions. That s where Crestview School of Communication comes in. Students focus on three distinct strands of communication: oral and written communication; visual communication; and communication through media literacy. As early as first grade, students use microphones and sound systems to speak publicly and learn they can impact and have influence through their communication. The school has a state-of-the-art digital television studio, CVTV, where students get hands-on experience in the world of broadcasting. Students are in charge of all areas of production from serving as anchor to engineer to roving reporter. They gain real-world experience by operating the cameras, writing the scripts, and handling all transitions. The TV studio isn t the only way students learn to communicate. Radio broadcasting during lunch periods; communication through print - school newspapers; online communications such as blogging; classroom websites; Skyping; Facetime; video conferencing; visual communication through photography class and yearbooks; offer many other ways for students to sharpen their communication skills.
September 2, 2014

Crestview Elementary School 5

Posted October 01, 2012
As an educator at Crestview Elementary School, I am proud to be a part of the fine learning environment of our school. Teachers, Faculty, and parents are very supportive and dedicate themselves to continually improving the academic and behavioral success of our students. I challenge all parents to come visit and see the positive, everchanging learning environment within the school. Please take a tour with our principal, Mrs. Kim Brown, and let her share how Crestview has evolved!

Crestview Elementary School 0

Posted August 01, 2009
My interaction with Crestview came as an educator and a grandparent outside of the state of Indiana. My grandchild was in the fourth grade. His teacher had his mother's permission to make contact with me and she did. It was a wonderful year of collaborating about the educational needs of one of her students. I have no complaints. If he needed extra help, incentives or even funding for activities his father's family was there. I do recommend to all parents/guardians stay involved with your child(children) educational facility. Let them know you care by volunteering your time or at least make sure you work with your children as far their school work is concerned. When a child says 'I have no homework' there is always review over that day or weeks lessons learned. Be there in all respects for your children. Teachers/Schools can't do it alone. We need you!

Crestview Elementary School 1

Posted January 12, 2009

Crestview Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2006
Crestview was nominated an unprecidented 3 times by education entities for excelence in reading instruction. They will be featured in the Indiana Department of Education's annual report to represent quality reading practices.

Crestview Elementary School 5

Posted November 30, 2005
I love Crestview Elementary! My daughter attended there for all five years. She is now in eighth grade at Fall Creek Valley where she is in all TD (advanced) classes. She also scored Pass+ in both math and language on the ISTEP tests. In addition to the great academic preparation she received at Crestview, she was also immersed in a diverse population which helped her develop qualities of acceptance and understanding of all people. I would not have wanted my daughter to attend anywhere else but Crestview!

Crestview Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2004
i use to attend crest view elementry when i was in the 2nd grade does mrs. daily still work there. we moved because my dad was in the military but is the school still good the way it was in 1999. i'm african american and i love and miss this school so much. i'm in the 8th grade now and i hope to come back and visit. i live in baltimore now and the middle schools here are terrible. do you guys still have the same principal.

Crestview Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2004
I am over-all dissappointed in this school. While I like my daoughter's 1st grade teacher, I am disappointed in the test scores of this school, 2nd to last in the district. Also, my daughter's class did not take a single field trip last year.

Crestview Elementary School 2

Posted March 11, 2004
I am certainly disappointed in Crestview Elementary School. The school is not parent-friendly. Parents can't come and observe their children in class without making an appointment with the teacher first. Teachers and even administration are discourteous with parents. I have observed this first hand.

Crestview Elementary School
7600 East 71st Street, Indianapolis, IN  46256
Last modified Crestview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.