Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

this is the foremost worse school ive ever been to. the staff are awful. not willing to assist with parent concerns at all.

Amount of homework: no rating

how can you learn from a chromebook? kids have no examples. teachers are not intrested in our children.

Transferred to Lawrence last year - Was able to make many new friends and get set up quickly. Teachers really care about the students, and lots of support.

LC is an amazing school for those who choose to take advantage of all the school has to offer. It has a rigorous curriculum for those who wish to be challenged. Extra curricular programming is outstanding in both athletics and performing arts. Students who put forth effort are more than prepared for their next step in life. My experience as a parent has been wonderful. Love the staff, students and parents that I have volunteered with over the years.

A horrible school with an uncaring staff and not much structure. Kids go around causing trouble, and nobody does anything. The teachers don't care whether your child is learning and thriving or not, and give no helpful feedback.

Lawrence Central High School is a terrible school for students and parents who desire more for their children. The teachers use profanity in the classroom, offer little to no support of their students in need, and give no feedback that is beneficial to parents about their students. I have not only been disappointed but frustrated at the lack of parental support that they provide even though I have asked. Because they are not a failing school I have no options but to send my children to this less than sub par institution. If you can avoid this school do it, it serves no one but the people for which it employs.

My child is a Junior at Lawrence Central. Our Family has found the teachers to be very qualified and caring. There is diversity at the school that we believe will prepare our child for the real world. They offer a great curriculum for college bound students that is challenging. We are happy with our decision to send our daughter there. She feels safe there. When I ask is there bullying at her school she says not really. They have had 3 new principals in the last three years but the teachers continue to do a great despite the change.

I think LC rocks and I like how they teach anad how the teachers are willing to help students are are sincer about it...i may just be a freashman and it may only be a couple of weeks into the 2nd semester but im telling you it's a great school and they really care about our saftey and well-being and our educations....

I graduated from LC in 1968. My two oldest children graduated in 87 and 93. I have a child in 10th at the present. I have remained living in Lawrence because of the school system. They do their very best to see that EACH student graduates. Some of the parents need to go back to being parents and HELP the schools to see that their children succeed. Sure there are times you don't agree with every teacher, but could you do a better job? Personally I think Lawrence Central is still a first rate school on all counts!

Great sport band choir and color guard, clubs and young life

Last modified Lawrence Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.