Indianapolis, IN
Students enrolled: 2,501
After care: No

Lawrence Central High School 1

Posted December 16, 2014
A horrible school with an uncaring staff and not much structure. Kids go around causing trouble, and nobody does anything. The teachers don't care whether your child is learning and thriving or not, and give no helpful feedback.

Lawrence Central High School 1

Posted October 22, 2014
Lawrence Central High School is a terrible school for students and parents who desire more for their children. The teachers use profanity in the classroom, offer little to no support of their students in need, and give no feedback that is beneficial to parents about their students. I have not only been disappointed but frustrated at the lack of parental support that they provide even though I have asked. Because they are not a failing school I have no options but to send my children to this less than sub par institution. If you can avoid this school do it, it serves no one but the people for which it employs.
2 people found this helpful

Lawrence Central High School 4

Posted November 21, 2012
My child is a Junior at Lawrence Central. Our Family has found the teachers to be very qualified and caring. There is diversity at the school that we believe will prepare our child for the real world. They offer a great curriculum for college bound students that is challenging. We are happy with our decision to send our daughter there. She feels safe there. When I ask is there bullying at her school she says not really. They have had 3 new principals in the last three years but the teachers continue to do a great despite the change.

Lawrence Central High School 3

Posted January 31, 2009

Posted January 22, 2009
I think LC rocks and I like how they teach anad how the teachers are willing to help students are are sincer about it...i may just be a freashman and it may only be a couple of weeks into the 2nd semester but im telling you it's a great school and they really care about our saftey and well-being and our educations....

Lawrence Central High School 0

Posted November 07, 2008
I graduated from LC in 1968. My two oldest children graduated in 87 and 93. I have a child in 10th at the present. I have remained living in Lawrence because of the school system. They do their very best to see that EACH student graduates. Some of the parents need to go back to being parents and HELP the schools to see that their children succeed. Sure there are times you don't agree with every teacher, but could you do a better job? Personally I think Lawrence Central is still a first rate school on all counts!

Posted October 20, 2008
Great sport band choir and color guard, clubs and young life

Lawrence Central High School 4

Posted October 20, 2008

Posted September 11, 2008

Lawrence Central High School 3

Posted March 25, 2008

Lawrence Central High School
7300 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46226
Last modified Lawrence Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lawrence Central High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top