Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

It's not the school its the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers do nothing about student(s) being bullied. They ignore it. And let it continue.

Teachers and staff care about the students and families. The teachers provided targeted support and enrichment for all students. My son loves it there.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have been blessed by our son's outstanding teachers! Mrs. Brandt and Mrs. Willhoite are amazing women!

The school has incredible teachers who are highly effective at instructing, managing their classrooms, and engaging students in after school activities and interests.

My children have been at Oaklandon for five and six years! They have both had great experiences. The environmental studies magnet is fantastic and I love how interested my kids are in science! The teachers are fantastic! Overall a great school!

Bullying is rampant and teachers do nothing. My daughter is in 2nd grade, we moved here about 1 n 1/2 months ago. Already, her class has had to be evacuated due to a boy in her class throwing such violent fits and nothing was done, he was in school the next day. Her teacher personally told me she likes to keep incidences within the classroom instead of making a report or even sending a student to the principal. Now this boy has set his sights on my daughter physically and when my daughter tries to tell the teacher, she says she doesn't want to here it. So glad there's only a couple weeks left of school and she will NOT be re-attending next year.

Way better than Brook Park Elementary!!!!! I went here for 4 years then had to move! Ms. Callis was the best first grade teacher ever! Im in sixth grade now.

I have 4 kids in this school. My oldest child is in 5th grade here and has been in Oaklandon since 1st grade. There are a few teachers that are not up to par but the majority of teachers are great. A few of the teachers are better than you could hope for. The trick, as with any school, is to get involved, meet people, and ask questions to find out who would be the best fit for your child. The staff is very caring and involved. Most everyone in the school knows each of my children by name and it's not because they are problem students. It's because each staff member takes the time to get to know every child. I have had a couple of bad experiences but each time, they have been taken care of. No school is going to be perfect but Oaklandon is very close.

My son started at this elementary in Feb. after moving from Avon, IN. I am very unhappy with this school. We are moving again so that he does not have to attend this school for 2nd grade. The 1st grade students fight in the bathrooms and the teacher told my son to 'mind your own business' when he told her that the boys were fighting. My son was very upset about the fighting and I had a meeting with the asst. principal. Her solution was not to stop the fighting but to have my son go to the bathroom by himself. There have been several issuse related to the behavior of the students and the teachers don't address the problem...they just turn their heads. I'm very dissapointed that my son had this experience in 1st grade.

Last modified Oaklandon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.