Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 19, 2016
Teachers and staff care about the students and families. The teachers provided targeted support and enrichment for all students. My son loves it there.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 09, 2015
We have been blessed by our son's outstanding teachers! Mrs. Brandt and Mrs. Willhoite are amazing women!

Posted October 09, 2015
The school has incredible teachers who are highly effective at instructing, managing their classrooms, and engaging students in after school activities and interests.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 05, 2015
Mrs. Getz goes above and beyond what is expected from a teacher! She truly loves and cares for each student! She brings science alive!

Posted October 05, 2015
My children have been at Oaklandon for five and six years! They have both had great experiences. The environmental studies magnet is fantastic and I love how interested my kids are in science! The teachers are fantastic! Overall a great school!

Oaklandon Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2015
Bullying is rampant and teachers do nothing. My daughter is in 2nd grade, we moved here about 1 n 1/2 months ago. Already, her class has had to be evacuated due to a boy in her class throwing such violent fits and nothing was done, he was in school the next day. Her teacher personally told me she likes to keep incidences within the classroom instead of making a report or even sending a student to the principal. Now this boy has set his sights on my daughter physically and when my daughter tries to tell the teacher, she says she doesn't want to here it. So glad there's only a couple weeks left of school and she will NOT be re-attending next year.

Posted October 08, 2011
Way better than Brook Park Elementary!!!!! I went here for 4 years then had to move! Ms. Callis was the best first grade teacher ever! Im in sixth grade now.

Oaklandon Elementary School 4

Posted April 05, 2009
I have 4 kids in this school. My oldest child is in 5th grade here and has been in Oaklandon since 1st grade. There are a few teachers that are not up to par but the majority of teachers are great. A few of the teachers are better than you could hope for. The trick, as with any school, is to get involved, meet people, and ask questions to find out who would be the best fit for your child. The staff is very caring and involved. Most everyone in the school knows each of my children by name and it's not because they are problem students. It's because each staff member takes the time to get to know every child. I have had a couple of bad experiences but each time, they have been taken care of. No school is going to be perfect but Oaklandon is very close.

Oaklandon Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2008
My son started at this elementary in Feb. after moving from Avon, IN. I am very unhappy with this school. We are moving again so that he does not have to attend this school for 2nd grade. The 1st grade students fight in the bathrooms and the teacher told my son to 'mind your own business' when he told her that the boys were fighting. My son was very upset about the fighting and I had a meeting with the asst. principal. Her solution was not to stop the fighting but to have my son go to the bathroom by himself. There have been several issuse related to the behavior of the students and the teachers don't address the problem...they just turn their heads. I'm very dissapointed that my son had this experience in 1st grade.

Oaklandon Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2005
Our child has attended this elementary for three years. We are very pleased with the academics, and the teachers that instruct our child each and every day. Our child has special needs, and requires additional assistance with certain subjects, to include speech. We have seen remarkable progress since being enrolled in Oaklandon Elementary. The support team is unparalled when it comes to helping children with special needs! The staff from the Principal on down is truly very concerned with each childs learning experience. They foster an environment that encourages caring, and support of your peers. We have been very pleased with our experience here at this local elementary school, and Lawrence Township overall.

6702 Oaklandon Road, Indianapolis, IN  46236
Last modified Oaklandon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.