Oaklandon Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2011
Way better than Brook Park Elementary!!!!! I went here for 4 years then had to move! Ms. Callis was the best first grade teacher ever! Im in sixth grade now.

Posted April 05, 2009
I have 4 kids in this school. My oldest child is in 5th grade here and has been in Oaklandon since 1st grade. There are a few teachers that are not up to par but the majority of teachers are great. A few of the teachers are better than you could hope for. The trick, as with any school, is to get involved, meet people, and ask questions to find out who would be the best fit for your child. The staff is very caring and involved. Most everyone in the school knows each of my children by name and it's not because they are problem students. It's because each staff member takes the time to get to know every child. I have had a couple of bad experiences but each time, they have been taken care of. No school is going to be perfect but Oaklandon is very close.

Oaklandon Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2008

Oaklandon Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2008
My son started at this elementary in Feb. after moving from Avon, IN. I am very unhappy with this school. We are moving again so that he does not have to attend this school for 2nd grade. The 1st grade students fight in the bathrooms and the teacher told my son to 'mind your own business' when he told her that the boys were fighting. My son was very upset about the fighting and I had a meeting with the asst. principal. Her solution was not to stop the fighting but to have my son go to the bathroom by himself. There have been several issuse related to the behavior of the students and the teachers don't address the problem...they just turn their heads. I'm very dissapointed that my son had this experience in 1st grade.

Oaklandon Elementary School 2

Posted July 05, 2007

Posted December 10, 2005
Our child has attended this elementary for three years. We are very pleased with the academics, and the teachers that instruct our child each and every day. Our child has special needs, and requires additional assistance with certain subjects, to include speech. We have seen remarkable progress since being enrolled in Oaklandon Elementary. The support team is unparalled when it comes to helping children with special needs! The staff from the Principal on down is truly very concerned with each childs learning experience. They foster an environment that encourages caring, and support of your peers. We have been very pleased with our experience here at this local elementary school, and Lawrence Township overall.

Posted October 20, 2005

Oaklandon Elementary School
6702 Oaklandon Road, Indianapolis, IN  46236
Last modified Oaklandon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oaklandon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.