Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes

Skiles Test Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2014
We have 2 children in Skiles Test who are very happy and learning above their grade levels. The teachers have been wonderful to find challenging work to advance their learning. My children make excellent grades and pass Istep. They have great friends and are involved in clubs that are offered. The staff is excellent and they do not tolerate bullying. I couldn't ask for more!

Posted September 11, 2013
When my son first attended the school four years ago with Lawrence Township redistricted the township I was very concerned. The first two years were challenging as the school was going through transition and I wasn't sure it was the right school for me. But now my son is now entering his 4th year there I can say this was the right school for my son. The teachers genuinely do care and will work with your child. Also the principal, Mrs. Radford, is so welcoming and makes time for each student and for the parent to discuss concerns. They have an awesome STEM program in which my son truly enjoys. I can honestly say that this school will challenge your child but will also encourage your child to build confidence even if they are not up to grade level. I would highly recommend Skiles Test.

Skiles Test Elementary School 5

Posted July 20, 2009
The teachers here are excellant, they have raised mys son's self esteem and his grades went up

Skiles Test Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2007
Thus far, we have not been happy with the education our child is recieving at this school. The teacher sends information typed out for parents and in her writing I have found countless grammatical and typo errors in her work, yet she is being paid to teach and critique my childs work. My child has been bullied and school and bus staff have failed to provide an environment in which my son feels safe. We are exhausting all possibilities to transfer our child to another school. From what I have learned about SKiles Test, it appears as if this school is nothing more than a 'pretty' inner city school. Furthermore, it appears that Lawrence Township is trying to fly on the coat-tail of their history of being a top rated program while in fact it no longer sits even close to the top of the mountain.

Skiles Test Elementary School 3

Posted May 11, 2006
One of my children have been enrolled in Skiles Test. We have deceided to have him go to a private school. The teacher quality and leadership at Skiles Test has been outstanding. This is not the issue at all. What we became concerned with was the imbalance of the ethicity population and the rough attitude of a good portion of the students that we came incontact with.

Posted March 17, 2005
My children have been at Skiles for 4 years. My children are receiving a good education in a safe, supportive environment. Two focuses of the school that are particularly strong are community building and service. Parents are given countless opportunities to volunteer throughout the school and at special events. Community members are encouraged to be involved as general volunteers or tutors. The PFO holds 4 Family Fun nights each year which are attended by anywhere from 300-700 students and family members! The students are constantly working on a variety of service projects. These range from selling apples to support a kid's cancer camp, raising money for burn awareness, helping a school family whose daughter has leukemia, and much more. Many of these projects are student initiated. I am proud that my children are learning to be active,caring members of their community through their experiences at Skiles Test.

Posted March 14, 2005
We have been very pleased with Skiles Test. The school enviornment is welcoming, the teachers are helpful and really strive to meet the needs of all children. We like the diversity and feel that our children are given many opportunities to grow and develop. We also love the family atmosphere at the school. There are events throughout the year that families can attend together in the evening that help to foster a feeling of community. There are also many parents, grandparents and community members that willingly volunteer their time and talents to make Skiles Test a better school.

Posted March 10, 2005
I have been at Skiles Test for 4 years. Our experiences have been positive. My children are happy there and receive a high quality education. I am very impressed with the teachers and their abilities to teach all children. Skiles Test is definetely not segregated. There are black and white children in all classes. Skiles Test does house the Stretch gifted and talented program. These classes do have a smaller minority percentage than the traditional classrooms. The students for the g&t class test into the program. The test is administered by the director of the program - that person is not a staff member of Skiles Test but rather an administrator of the township. Skiles Test is in no way in control of the student make-up of the Stretch classes. Skiles Test is not perfect but it is a good school and I am proud to be there.

Skiles Test Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2004
Our experience with Skiles Test can be summed up in one word. Horrible! Inexperienced staff and teachers. Teacher/student in the classroom was ratio 33/1 without an assistant. We quickly removed our son from the school and placed him into private. Skiles Test is very segregated school. Whites with whites, blacks with blacks. (Look at the advanced classroom 'gifted' is there any black children in those classrooms? When do they go to lunch, and why it is in their classrooms instead of lunchroom?) I have a bi-racial son. He did not fit in anywhere. He was treated very poorly/abused by the black children and the principal did nothing about it. It was a very sad situation/frustrating to say the least.

Skiles Test Elementary School
7001 Johnson Road, Indianapolis, IN  46220
Last modified Skiles Test Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skiles Test Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top