Bad
Good

Posted August 28, 2013
My autistic son attends 1st grade at Sunnyside Elementary school. The support staff and resource teachers are so caring and work hard to give my son the tools he needs in order to integrate into a typical classroom setting. They honestly care about him and want him to succeed socially and academically. I am so blessed to have these wonderful people working with my son. I feel like I'm able to express my opinion openly so that we're able to work together to create and implement the best strategies for encouraging appropriate behavior at school AND at home. So very thankful. I love Sunnyside!

Sunnyside Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2011
The students are gross-minded. It was horrible for my son! Don't ever take your kid there.

Posted February 23, 2011
Sunnyside is a wonderful school, every teacher cares for the kids and has the best intrest of the students in mind at all times.

Sunnyside Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2009
This is one of the worst schools we have had our son at. Years ago this was a good school and district, but now its horrible. They are all below the state standards at this point. Do yourself and your child a favor and find a better school. We move into this area and sold our house and moved out within months to get out of this district.

Posted April 16, 2007
We have had our daughter at Sunnyside for 4 years now and been very pleased with the program, excellent staff and environment. Our 7 year son started this year in first grade and we are again, equally impressed. Both children enjoy the school, their grades, and scores are well above average and we feel that they are receiving a very good education.

Posted May 10, 2006
Sunnyside was a wonderful school for my child last year. He had a rather rough year, personally, but his teachers and staff went out of their way to help us, and he thrived. He was accepted into the gifted program this year, and has since changed schools. One thing I notice in retrospect about Sunnyside that we lack at the new school is a sense of family. The support network between kids/teachers/parents & staff at Sunnyside was phenomenal! I can't wait for my other children to attend.

Posted July 19, 2004
I have two children in sunnyside. We really love our teachers. I also have a special needs child we have recived a great deal of help with. The staff as sunnyside is very caring I think my children have learned alot. However I'm very sad that we have to leave this school due to the new routing. I feel my child will have a hard time with this move, conserding we moved here so my children could attend Sunnyside. I really loved my daughters first grade teacher she really taught the kids alot in a short time.

Sunnyside Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2004
My child is in the 3rd grade at Sunnyside. It would be nice if they could bring home more homework, have more extra curricula activities, and bring their books home to study. Its hard for the parents to go over work with their child when they don't have a book explaining how to do the work.

Posted March 03, 2004
This is a great school! From the principal to the teachers to the families it is truly a community. The students are well prepared for middle school.

Sunnyside Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
Sunnyside is one of the best, if not the best, school in Lawrence Township. My child is a current student but I do hope that more extracurricular activities will be added and that all teachers give assigned homework. Currently, some second grade teachers do not give homework on a daily basis. This worries me as to how is my child's academic progress is being measured.

Sunnyside Elementary School
6345 Sunnyside Road, Indianapolis, IN  46236
Last modified Sunnyside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.