Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Indian Creek is a GREAT school! Students at Indian Creek develop their skills in science, technology, engineering, and math which are the stepping stones to the future. Students learn in the six acre outdoor learning lab, maintain gardens, ponds, and a variety of habitats. All subjects are infused with STEM including digital music recording in music class and analyzing exercise data in physical education class. Indian Creek has specialized STEM classes that create areas where students can engineer through computer programming and robotics. Questions are encouraged and expected as the students observe their world in and out of the classroom. Students participate on the First Lego League Robotics Team (we took first place at the Regional competition last year!), develop skills in both the Mac and Windows computer labs, have classroom access to iPads and a broadcasting studio, and use authentic science equipment in the labs. Indian Creek students begin each lesson with questions such as why and how. These concepts are then interwoven into the reading, writing, and hands-on experiences each day. Indian Creek students are developing into technologically literate, caring citizens who are able to think analytically, ask questions to develop understanding, and be prepared for the 21st century.
September 2, 2014

Posted April 10, 2013
This use to be such a wonderful school! My daughter started here in 1st grade and is now a 5th grader. After the restructuring, the school has been on a steady decline. They boast about having the only MAC computer lab in the district, but according to my daughter, they NEVER use it anymore! The STEM program just isn't what it use to be, the classroom is full of disruptive kids and it just isn't an ideal learning environment anymore. Parent participation use to be top notch, now they have to BEG parents to help out. Even though my daughter has remained a high honor role student, this will be her last year at Indian Creek. What a shame.

Posted January 30, 2013
It's our 2nd year at Indian Creek and I have no complaints. My daughter is now a 2nd grader, and she is excited for everyday! The class projects are fun and seem to engage all the students. Mrs. Flandermeyer is a wonderful teacher.

Indian Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 16, 2012
After the restructuring, this once wonderful school has gone dramatically downhill. The STEM curriculum has been changed, teachers aren't trained tas well, and the students have major discipline problems. It is an extremely poor learning environment.

Indian Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2012
Wow! Interesting how this school is given a 10 out of 10 here, but on School Digger they give it a ONE out of FIVE. Demographics truly don't look promising.

Posted November 09, 2011
There are are lot of troublemakers in my child's second grade class and I don't think the teachers and staff can keep up. There is roughly a 28 kid to student ratio which I feel is too high. There needs to be more assistants for the teachers.

Posted February 27, 2011
We had always heard such wonderful things about Indian Creek, but we haven't seen that in our first year there. Lawrence Township was restructured for the 2010-11 school year, and we haven't been impressed for our 1st grader. There are so many troublemakers in her class (not to mention in the rest of the school) that the teachers and staff can't keep up. They don't appear to have much in the way of consequences and they aren't very effective. We are seriously considering private school for next year.

Posted June 04, 2010
excellent school. My daughter was lucky to get Mr. Nelson for 4th grade, he is a good teacher. Overall I am very satisfied with Indian Creek.

Posted December 23, 2009

Posted October 06, 2009
Our experience with Indian Creek has been a positive one. The student projects have all been interesting and my child is enthusiastic about them. The outdoor lab is a nice extra for the kids to learn from. There are after school clubs the kids can be a part of throughout the year (different art clubs, explorer club, etc.). I am so thankful my child is able to attend such a great school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Indian Creek is so full of positive energy for intellectual stimulation for the kids, and the parents are the most engaged I've ever seen. The curriculum is rigorous, but the kids don't seem to complain. Its everything a school should be--challenging, engaging, and fun!

Indian Creek Elementary School
10833 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46235
Last modified Indian Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top