Posted November 09, 2013
Fabulous school with wonderful teachers. High standardized test scores. Innovative teaching. Great family association with nice families.

Posted April 18, 2011
We have three children and all have excelled at ABE. Teachers and Staff are wonderful, parent involvement is amazing. I am not impressed with our options in Lawrence Township choices after elementary school and we will need to make a decision with our oldest soon and only wish we had an option like ABE as our children get older.

Posted April 06, 2010

Posted February 12, 2009
Both staff and teachers are focused on education and amaze me how well they get the most out of each child based on their ability. My second grader is reading at a 5th grade level, my 5 year old writes and reads better than her 6 and 7 year old friends at other schools. Although I dont know if I will keep my kids in Lawrence schools after elementary, I cant say enough good things about Amy Beverland.

Posted December 26, 2008
The Pre school of the arts is like somekind of magical enchanted advaenture for my 4 and 5 year olds. Every moorning they are greeted with smiles and hugs from classmates and teachers and they return home having had a full day of academics, arts & Crafts and recess. The Principles and staff handle business matters professionally and recognize me and my children as a part of the AB family. The teachers and their assistants are always positive and providing guidance when needed. At this age my concern is that they enjoy getting up everyday and going to school and my kids wont miss a day. Thank you to the staff @ ABE/POA

Posted October 05, 2008
I see that the negative comments are about how parents do not feel thier child is being challenged enough. I am a student teacher at Amy Beverland and I can see how one would say this. What some may not be able to see is that this school practices constructivism. This is when the learning is student driven. Our job as teachers is to become the observer and let the students imagination guide thier learning. I can say that my experience at Amy Beverland is very different from other schools. There is not an a lot of homework given because that is the idea of constructivism. If I could give a worried parent a little advise it would be to not be frightened by this style of teaching because I see children get excited about learning everday. Try to research information on constructivism to learn how great it really is.

Posted September 05, 2008
This school is great! The children get alot one on one attention from the dedicated staff. The children also get a very well rounded education, as the music, art and PE programs are excellent.

Posted August 03, 2008

Amy Beverland Elementary School 3

Posted June 08, 2008
I have three children who have attended Amy Beverland. Reading seemed to be the top priority at all three grade levels. After moving we found out the above average grades which all three received at AB had not truely prepared them for other school districts. All three are behind in other areas such as math, spelling and grammer. Although the staff was always professional and seems to work with the students, I think too much is put on the ISTEP or areas in which the school receives funding. A true well rounded education should evaluate all areas of learning and comprehension of the materal taught.

Posted March 31, 2008
This school is wonderful. The environment is so positive and each child gets a lot of individual attention. They have many programs for the child to be involved in.

Contact Information

11650 Fox Road
Indianapolis, IN 46236

School website

Amy Beverland Elementary School
11650 Fox Road, Indianapolis, IN  46236
Last modified Amy Beverland Elementary School is a public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amy Beverland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.