Fifth Street Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2012
I also had issues on a couple of suspicious things that happened with no explanation (even after repeated calls) and I cant just act like it didnt happen. Bus driver was a jerk but he did a good job for the most part. As for the teachers, they are top shelf and make the best with what they have. My child had a developmental issue as well and thrived here. Communication wasnt always the best but they do ok.

Fifth Street Elementary School 5

Posted August 01, 2012
My son has went to this school since he was 3 years old. He started preschool a week after his 3rd birthday, as he was developmentally delayed. He now tests above average on every subject. I think the school is ran well and does a fantastic job with the resources they have. The staff are very courteous and seem to genuinely care about the children. I would recommend this school to any of my family or friends.

Fifth Street Elementary School 4

Posted July 04, 2012
I have nothing but good things to say about this school. I am getting ready to start my third child at Fifth St. Over the years, my experience has only gotten better. My first child was academically ahead of the curve and did struggle with boredom a bit in kindergarten. Their curriclum did get a bit in tougher in 1st grade, so he was kept interested. I came to really appreciate the extra care the teachers give when my second child was in kindergarten. He struggled. He was encouraged by his teacher and she and I had a great communication back and forth regarding his progess. Last year he was in 1st grade and again, I had a great communication with his teacher. At the start of school, they recognized he needed extra help. He received tutoring after school & eventually improved his reading level to the point where the tutoring was no longer needed. My third child is getting ready to start kindergarten here and I have high hopes they can help him. He struggles even worse than my second child with even the basics of recognizing his letters and numbers. I know he will be in good hands and know my involvement will be key to helping him succeed. I'm excited to watch him grow.

Fifth Street Elementary School 5

Posted July 04, 2012
I literally lost sleep when the time came to choose an elementary school, however; the decision that my son would/will attend Fifth Street is one of those "mom" decisions about which I actually feel great! The entire staff is impressive, warm, and encouraging - both with parents as well as the children. Principal Jessee encompasses traits hard to come by in a typical human being on a given day let alone in a school principal. A hands-on educator/administrator, I don't know that I've been inside the school and witnessed Mrs. Jessee at her desk. Empathetic and compassionate, she takes time, and makes time - for EVERYONE. She's fair, she's kind, and she cares about our children and our community. After only one child and one year at Fifth Street, I can see only one major area in dire need of improvement . . . Parent Involvement. Our children need us at school. It's extremely important that the children in our care see/know that we value their school and all it's staff.

Fifth Street Elementary School 1

Posted April 09, 2012
The stats on this page pertaining to this school are incorrect. It states that there are about 20 student per teacher, how ever it is closer to 30 students. This kind of class load is WAY TOO MUCH for one teacher to handle even with a T.A. and trust me, the student body is suffering because of it. I am working as fast as I can to get my child out of this school. I can not ever get a straight answer from anyone in the school and tend to get a different story with each member of the faculty that I speak to. There doesn't seem to be a very efficient system for communication between the faculty members, from faculty to parent, or from faculty to student. And if that isn't all bad enough, my son is picked up in the morning by a bus driver with a very acidic attitude who starts driving away with the door still open before my 6 year old child even gets to the seat. There are too many children on that bus for it to even be safe with student sitting on top of each other in every seat. And when I complained to the bus driver about my son being bullied on the bus by an older kid, he not only got smart with me, but also threatened to throw my child off the bus because I was causing problems.

Fifth Street Elementary School
401 West 5th Street, Jasper, IN  47546
Last modified Fifth Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Fifth Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top