Sacred Heart School 3

Posted June 19, 2014
My daughter has attended SHS since Preschool. She used to love it, and my husband and I did too. Now she dreads going to school. The attitudes of the staff have really changed since Father Tom and Sister left. The teachers yell at the children, they must eat their lunch in silence with the lights off. The only input the principal wants from parents is financial. She is an ineffective leader and takes ZERO suggestions from parents, all the while making you feel like a kindergartener when you go to her with concerns. We are looking elsewhere where parents aren't seen as the enemy.

Sacred Heart School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
My daughter attend this school she has been very unhappy since being there. there is a lack of diversity training the staff treats students differently. she will not be going back in the fall

Sacred Heart School 2

Posted April 08, 2014
I attended this school years ago. My son is now attending. What a huge difference. It is not anything like when I attended. I am really not happy with the school.I know personally and have met many people in the community who have recently taken their children out of this school. I have experienced difficulty communicating effectively with the staff. The leadership is dictatorial and condescending. Parental input other than financially is discouraged or discounted. Saftey issues while the children are at recess including fighting....kicking, hitting each other with sticks and their fists , children running across the street leaving the school grounds without the staff monitoring the playground noticing.

Posted May 21, 2013
My 6 year old son is in K and recently asked me if he could go back to Sacred Heart next year. When I told him yes he was, he thanked me!

Posted February 01, 2012
We love it! Our child Is learning a lot and having fun! He actually wants to go to school everyday!

Posted June 23, 2011
We were unsure until we took the orientation tour. It was halfway through the school year and we were looking at "K" next year. We fell in love with the school immediately and enrolled our son in preschhol within the week. The entire staff is wonderful. Our personal goals for him were met and surpassed in two months. Needless to say he is already enrolled for next year. Simply put this school teaches from the heart !!

Posted December 20, 2009
My son got to Sacred Heart for preschool. He loves it. All he talks about is going to school there and hang out with his new friends. Mrs. Smith done so much with my son that you would know him from a year ago.

Sacred Heart School 0

Posted August 23, 2008
My son began preschool at Sacred Heart last year, and I've already been impressed with the environment there. His teachers and other staff have seemed caring, personally involved with each student, and academically excellent. The other parents seem positive, involved and inclusive to all. I hope that he can continue there for many years, and that my other children will be able to as well.

Posted January 25, 2008
I have been involved as a parent at Sacred Heart for over a decade and we love the environment and would recommend it to any family!

Posted January 25, 2008
My kids love SHS! When I drop my kids off in the morning I don't worry about their safety. Not only are they receiving an excellent education but they are learning to care for themselves and others. It is a very family oriented environment and my kids are happy. Wonderful peace of mind for a mom!

Sacred Heart School
1842 East 8th Street, Jeffersonville, IN  47130
Last modified Sacred Heart School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sacred Heart School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.