Bad
Good

Jeffersonville High School is whatever a student makes it. I know it often gets a bad reputation, but it is a great school. The teachers provide an opportunity for amazing education if desired by the student. If caught up in the wrong crowd, sure a student might struggle, but there are plenty good kids at the school. ALL of the staff members are so welcoming and positive too, whether it be someone greeting you in the office, a teacher, or administrative staff. I am proud to say I got through Jeff High without a problem and now have many more student and teacher friends.

This is the worst school I have ever dealt with! Do not send your kids here. Fights, drugs,sex...!!

I graduated for Jeff and had heard all the bad rumors going into high school. I was afraid I must admit, but I came to find that Jeff was one of the best schools, with some of the best teachers I'd had throughout my years. I can truly say that my experience at Jeff High was great, I wish I could only get back those years. They were probably some of the best years of my life, better than college even. I think those that don't enjoy school or participate are the ones that miss out. Your experience is what you make it, and mine was the time of my life! My little sister will be attending there next year and I only hope her experience at Jeff is as good as mine :) J-E-F-F THE BEST!!!!!

I attended and graduated from J.H.S .The experience was not pleasant, for the most part. The atmosphere was chaotic at times.There were many students who could not have cared less about learning anything.

I graduated from Jeffersonville High and my son is now a senior as well. Although I feel the school is as safe as any other school in our area, all schools have their problems. The teachers are excellent and are willing to help the students beyond the regular class time. The administration at JHS has been very helpful throughout my children's high school years. I would, however, like to see the same grading scales in all Indiana high schools as well would most parents. Overall I feel as if some disciplinary actions are unnecessary. Such as if a child is in an altercation that they did not start they must attend anger management. That is ridiculous and a waste of time and money!

my child is special needs, high functioning, i feel he is being left behind. Not much expected of him. I think the school needs a mentoring program for children like mine. he is basically muddling through. I am very disappointed in the school. Grade school and middle school were much more prepared for children like him.

Jeff high's ratings should be very low. The school caters to jocks, and sports more than to education. The poor teachers cannot hold control over the students in classes as it might step on someone's toes. Education is not the top thing. I am a grandparent of a junior, and graduated 2 children from there, and watched the school go down hill.

My son attended Jeffersonville High School and It helped him shape himself greatly. The school is really big for a town like Jeffersonville but all in all it's great. I hear alot of complaints that the school is too strict however in our experience it seems just fine. My son had great teachers, a great counsler and the ROTC progam made a huge inpact on him. He is now going attending the University of North Dakota majoring in Aerospace Engineering. What more can a parent ask for.

I do not enjoy attending Jeff High. I like my classes; that's not the problem. There are way too many kids at Jeff. It sounds rude, but I wish the majority of them would just drop out. You can tell that they don't care about their education anyay. The rules are also way too strict. I've told my parents about some of the ridiculous things they enforce, and they can't believe it. The school needs to drop half the population and loosen up. Also, the construction this year is really distracting. And the construction isn't improving much...it's not even going to touch the art wing. That seems a little unfair. All in all, it's alright, but I would definitely not want my kid going there.

The school may be big, but if you student places themselves in the right classes and right enviroments they will be perfectly fine. This will prepare them for a college because Jeffersonville High School is very diverse. I was a student and graduated in 2008 and I am thankful I went there versus a smaller or private school! I would take advice from the one who has experienced, not the ones who have heard!

Last modified Jeffersonville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.