Northaven Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2014
Today was graduation, and I am so proud of my child. I would like to say thank you too. Mr Johnson (4th grade) and Mrs Lipps (5th grade). Excellent teachers, who understand the need to make sure young people learn. Have the experience to recognize, children learn at a different pace. The ability to understand, I want the best for my child. Thru education, I have prospered. With teachers like them, your children has ever opportunity to do the same. Mary R Mullins

Posted June 05, 2014
The teachers are so outstanding that any complaints are too minor to bother mentioning. My son is going into third grade next year and he's had wonderful experiences so far in kindergarten with Mrs. Thompson, 1st grade with Mrs. Harper, and 2nd grade with Mr. Stephens. His grades are great and he loves to tell me everything he's learned when he comes home each day. He loves his school and so do I.

Northaven Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2014
I am giving Northaven 4 stars only because of the teachers and some staff . My son has been there since kindergarten & now is in fifth grade all his teachers were wonderful! The school itself is unorganized they send home papers late which usually consist of your child needing money for something, pictures, or what little field trips they take. They don't take many educational field trips maybe one to the fire station down the street but nothing like we did growing up. The principal is new and I guess she's still learning the ropes of things. They do have a wonderful custodian Mrs. Delynn she will make your child feel special at lunch!!! All & all the best part is the teachers & staff! They just need to learn how to be more organized & plan better events & field trips!

Posted April 12, 2014
My daughter has gone there for four years, and have loved all of her teachers. The teachers make it easy to communicate to each of them and are always available when you need them.

Northaven Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2013
We are moving so we can get our son out of this school and prevent our other children from going there! The school does not offer much since their test scores are so low. They do not get the funding they need to have good arts and music programs. The teachers do not seem like they care about anything. Last year, the principal was wonderful, but the new principal this year is not near as involved in activities. Any programs at the school are a mess and it's obvious that the teachers are irritated but biting their tongues since parents are watching.

Posted August 19, 2010
I am so excited that we have a new Principal this year. I have 3 children and been with this school for 7 years. I am glad for the change that was needed for a long time. I feel there are great thing in store for this school now. Love the new Principal!!!!! I will rate it highly now.

Northaven Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2009
Northaven Elementary is a subpar school at best. My child is in 3rd grade and is receiving little to no Science or Social Studies instruction. It appears that the schools one and only goal is to develop underachieving children while leaving the above average to their own devices. My daughter is told to sit quietly and read for an hour a day while the teacher gives 'targeted' instruction to below average learners. A school is meant to nuture and develop the minds of those who will step into the role of leaders one day. They should be focusing their attention on those students and sending the below average children to a school where they can be taught individually at their own pace. Children who cannot read at grade level should never be moved on to the next grade only to slow the progress of children with the ability to learn.

Posted October 24, 2008
I love this school and everyone shall treat it better than it is treated.

Posted June 25, 2008

Posted September 22, 2006
I have two children in Northaven Elementary, one in Fifth grade and one in Second. I as well as my children love the school. They have a wonderful principal who is involved with every aspect of the school. All of the teachers I have dealt with have been great. They keep parents very involved with their kids progress and education. They have wonderful music, sports and art departments as well as a great PTO program with lots of extracurricular activities. I would not send my kids to any other elementary school.

Northaven Elementary School
1907 Oakridge Drive, Jeffersonville, IN  47130
Last modified Northaven Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northaven Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.