Riverside Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2013
RiverSide ElementaryA wonderful school great teachers accept there is no cross guard before and after school dismal/arrival. Most kids walk or ride there bikes to school who live in River Side subdivison because there is no bus route for those children on Webster Blvd. I have seen way too many times kids running across the Laurel drive. There needs to be a cross guard or cop directing traffic just like at the high school. Come on these are Elementary kids get a at least 2 cross guards. One across the street from the school and the first stop sign turning onto Webster and another bus route for Webster Blvd. The safety of this issue should be a priority and there should be more adult supervision before the doors open while kids are gathered around waiting for doors to open for breakfast as well.

Posted July 24, 2013
With 2 children in this school for 2/3 years now I would have to say it has been the best experience. They love going to school everyday. The teachers are amazing and are always communicating both the strengths & weaknesses in the classroom. Everybody is always very nice and helpful as well from the teachers, to the principal, to the janitor. Safety is also very evident with the intercom system and having to enter through the office during the school day.

Posted January 24, 2013
Riverside Elementary has provided a positive and goal setting learning environment for both of my childred. The principal consistantly encourages students to higher heights in their educational journey by promoting positive behavior with reward methods at the student, classroom and grade level. The halls of Riverside echo the charge "Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Ready to Learn!" I am thankful my children attend Riverside.

Posted January 24, 2013
Both of my children have exceeded my expectations while attending Riverside Elementary. I directly credit the principals leadership and my children's teachers to the success we have experienced. They LOVE going to school. Riverside has taught them to set achievable yet challenging goals and the joy, reward and pride that comes after achieving them at the individual, class, grade and school wide levels. I couldn't be more pleased.

Posted September 10, 2012
The 2012-2013 school year is our 4th year as a Riverside Elementary family and we couldn't be happier with the WONDERFUL education our children have received and are continuing to receive. One of my children is advanced and the teachers at Riverside have gone above & beyond to provide a more challenging workload and the attention needed. My other child is speech delayed, but has never been made to feel different because his teachers have taught tolerance & acceptance. Both of my children love their school and after volunteering in the classrooms I understand why! Riverside encourages parent involvement both in & out of the classroom. Someone mentioned too many fundraisers, but I for one like that we can chose which activities to participate in and still support the school. Our favorite teachers are Miss Angie (Pre-K) Mrs. Wanke (K) Mrs. Powell (1st) Mrs. Miller (2nd) Mrs. Cooper (2nd) & Mrs. Abner (3rd) & Mrs. Smart. We wouldn't send our kids anywhere else!

Riverside Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2011
Poor leadership and teachers. Students can be bullied and verbally abused by teachers. I sent in a hidden recorder my daughter proved the point to the administration. Nothing was done to the teacher. The YMCA was no selected as the after school child care. It appears that the current company has shared ownership with educators and administrators in the system. Too many fundraisers throughout the year. They are poor in reading instruction. No phonics, primarily site words.

Riverside Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2011
I felt that some children were belittled during the "K" graduation ceremony. Some of the children were identified for there appearance, or popularity instead of Academics Achievements through out the year. The children who had trouble with "K" in certain subjects were identified by there improvement , The "K" graduation ceremony needs to be done differently. I will not send my future "K" to River Side Elementary.

Riverside Elementary School 0

Posted December 01, 2009

Posted November 24, 2009
As a parent of a special needs child I could not imagine a better school for my child to attend!! This is his 5th school year at Riverside and every year I am amazed at how much he has learned. The Pre-K and self-contained classroom staff are nothing less than exceptional! I have formed person and lasting relationships with many of them and it has really helped to keep an open line of communication about my child's needs.

Riverside Elementary School 3

Posted November 11, 2009
As a parent of 1 former student and 2 current, I feel that Riverside is no longer what it used to be. I feel that the principal is not really much of a 'people' person as she should be and I have also experienced a lot of racial profiling within the school. Its nothing like it used to be when I went there many years ago. And its nothing like it used to be there since Mrs.Emily has been gone. I admit the new school is nice, and several of the teachers are awesome, but I believe it would be a lot better with a new principal.

Contact Information

17 Laurel Drive
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

School website

Riverside Elementary School
17 Laurel Drive, Jeffersonville, IN  47130
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.