River Valley Middle School 2

Posted June 11, 2014
I'm just getting out of seventh grade, and going to 8th. The past two years I've been here, have been pretty horrible. I don't feel challenged enough and sometimes I feel as if I am stupid when I ask a question. I can't say I have the best grades, because I don't, but I think one of the reasons is that my teachers weren't pushing me hard enough. When I get home, I usually complain about how it seems that everyone in my classes would rather act up, and be funny than actually learn. I don't mean to sound rude, but I feel as if I'm one of the few who aren't stupid. My mom agrees with me so much, she wants to have me skip a grade. River Valley is an okay school, but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
3 people found this helpful

River Valley Middle School 3

Posted May 19, 2014
I my self am a n 8th grader and to my belifs river valley needs a study hall to let us study and, do our home work. If they had this I might just rate it a four I am sorry to say that but it is true.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 01, 2013
I was very impressed with River Valley this morning! The school is very nice and open. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The band sounded amazing, such young talent. We enjoyed the Chorus team as well. I feel very thankful my Grandson attends such an awesome school, he is in the 6th grade so we look forward to spending more time at River Valley Middle!

River Valley Middle School 4

Posted October 25, 2013
My school is a wonderful place where you see students learning everywhere in the building. Although we may not have the best language at this school, we have many other qualities that are four star worthy. We have magnificent overall grades and a friendly environment. I should know because I am a student there. We also have many sports and clubs that anyone can join. We have choir, art, gym, and many other special areas for students to attend throughout the day. I highly recommend that you send your student to RVMS. I love this school and hope to finish out the years to come with great standards. Go River Valley Raiders!

River Valley Middle School 2

Posted July 10, 2013
I think if you have a child who is more of a leader than a follower and doesn't need a whole lot of one on one attention, then this school is okay. I have 2 children who have done well. My 3rd child has had issues. I have never been impressed with this school mainly because teacher communication is awful! So much has gone on that could have been avoided had I received a phone call or email. Bullying is rampant and not effectively handled. I think maybe the school is too big and the teachers are overwhelmed.

Posted October 13, 2012
I've seen some of the reviews on here in the past, and I have to disagree with the unfavorable ones. As a seventh-grader on the Flood team, and having previously been on the Varble/Navigator team, I've felt like I was challenged enough in advanced classes. The teachers care about what you have to say, and want you to learn, but will not hesitate to reprimand you if you step out of line. This is my second year here, and I'm enjoying it.

Posted March 07, 2011
I have my daughter at rvms and its a wonderful school atmosphere and the teachers are great

River Valley Middle School 4

Posted March 04, 2011
Everyone makes false statements about Rvms I am a student there. Most of the teachers are great. They Truly love the students. There not just there for the money... Because they don't get paid enough to be there for the money. River Valley has a nice building better than half the buildings in Jcps or New Albany Schools. The Princible Mr. Denny, has great leadership. Since he has been there we have raised or testing scores tremendously. We have a great Admininstrative and Teaching Staff. If your trying to find a Middle School for your, I highly suggest this school.

River Valley Middle School 0

Posted September 23, 2009
i really enjoy school it was fun the favorite teacher would have to be mrs. hurst

River Valley Middle School 0

Posted February 01, 2009
I am a 6th grader at RV and I'm in AP classes.I think it is a wounderful school.The teachers create fun ways to learn that arent just challenging but rewarding also.

River Valley Middle School
2220 Veterans Parkway, Jeffersonville, IN  47130
Last modified River Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Valley Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top