Posted April 18, 2012
Terrible, just terrible. Coming to this school district from another and we are very disappointed. They seem to focus more on discipline than teaching. Don't get me wrong, kids this age need discipline. However, I think the punishment should fit the crime. The amount of detentions they dole out for silly reasons is alarming. I do not see how a 5 minute morning detention for talking in class the day before is effective. If a child is getting chatty in class move their seat,problem solved. Now for the teachers, at least some of them. Yelling and belittling is no way to run a classroom. If a student is struggling, saying " I don't know why you guys do not get this, it's easy" is not effective teaching. In my opinion a good teacher can look at a student's work and tell them what they did wrong. If a student is going to be made to feel stupid for asking questions they will stop asking. You would think they would be interested in improving their teaching methods since their ISTEP scores are in the toilet. I really hope the high school is run better than the middle school. These two women are not cut out to run a middle school. If you can put your child in another school, do it.

Posted July 20, 2008

Taylor Middle School 0

Posted January 21, 2008
Taylor is the best school ever. The teachers take time to help me.

Taylor Middle School 3

Posted September 25, 2005

Taylor Middle School 2

Posted February 28, 2005
This school in one word is: unchallenging. I'm a straight A (sometimes B's) student and I find myself bored out of my mind! The teachers aren't allowed to teach us in creative ways. The lack of dicipline shows. Plus, we're poorly funded.

Taylor Middle School 2

Posted August 12, 2004
Priorities and Communication between staff, administration and parents are lacking. Discipline waffles and due diligence is never followed through. Professionalism is basic at best. There are a couple really great teachers, however their find their hands are tied with administrative tape and cannot teach in a manner effective to project our children to the next level. My solution is a new administration and board.

Posted June 16, 2004

Taylor Middle School
3794 County Road E 300 South, Kokomo, IN  46902
Last modified Taylor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taylor Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.