Kokomo, IN

Elwood Haynes Elementary School 1

Posted May 30, 2014
My special needs son goes to Elwood Haynes. As a special needs child we have case conferences where we go over my son's strengths and weaknesses, then we make up a plan to help him get the most out of his school year, this is called his IEP. 3 conferences ago it was placed on his IEP that my son was supposed to go to the special ed room for the 1st 1/2 hour in the morning to get his things together. He was also allotted 30 minutes at the end of the day to make sure he had everything he needed to take home. 2 conferences ago they said they were going to start giving my son 30 minutes in the special ed room in the morning and 30 minutes at the end of the day. When I told them they were already suppose to be doing that I was told I was wrong! Then they did it AGAIN on the last conference! Each time they assured me they would do it right that time, but they haven't. My child is on Adderal. When his medication wasn't available the school told me to keep him at home. They told me that they couldn't tell me to keep him home yet every time he didn't have it the school told me to keep him home! Luckily I've contacted an advocate to go with me to his next conference!

Elwood Haynes Elementary School 5

Posted March 21, 2012
My son has been at Elwood Haynes for going on 3 full years. He absolutely thinks the world of his teacher, Mrs. Barton is excellent!! She works with the children who may need a bit more help, and she encourages the children to do their best. My child has developed and grown so much over the last year, and I give props to his teacher.

Elwood Haynes Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2005
Elwood Haynes is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and faculity. The principal and assistant principal really care about the students and families. My children love the extracuricular actvities that the PTO sponsors. I can't say enough good things about this school!

Elwood Haynes Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2003

Elwood Haynes Elementary School
910 South Cooper Street, Kokomo, IN  46901
Last modified Elwood Haynes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elwood Haynes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top