Bad
Good

My son is a special needs child.The school faculty that interacts with my son, and my husband and I, have frequent meetings, "case conferences", to develope a plan on how to best work with my son so he can succeed. What's decided during this meeting is drawn up and signed by each of us. The school did NOT do their part as per the IEP so school was much harder for my son than it should've been! They "FORGOT" what they said they would do. This made my son an easier target to be bullied because he kept falling farther and farther behind. My son would come home with so much homework that even though he worked on it all evening, only stopping to eat supper and shower, he rarely was able to complete his work. When his teacher suggested my son get extra help she was ignored, just like I was! I had to get my ombudsman and the superintendent involved to get them to do their jobs! I'm so glad he won't go there next year, and so is my son!

............. ........... ........... .......... ........... ....... ............. .......... ......... ......... ............ ........ ........ ......... ............ ........ .........

My son has been at Elwood Haynes for going on 3 full years. He absolutely thinks the world of his teacher, Mrs. Barton is excellent!! She works with the children who may need a bit more help, and she encourages the children to do their best. My child has developed and grown so much over the last year, and I give props to his teacher.

Last modified Elwood Haynes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.