Kouts Middle/High School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
I've been going to Kouts since I was in kindergarten. Once I entered sixth grade, I started getting bullied by a group of girls. I notified my guardians and they told the school. The school didn't really do anything last year. They gave them a suspension, but the girls didn't stop. Thankfully, they moved. This year has been going alright, though. I'm excelling in literature, grammar, geography, health, and my exploratory classes. I'm struggling in math, but part of the reason is because I USED to not take notes. Ever since I took notes, my grades improved dramatically. The teachers do care for you and hate to see you down. This new counselor definitely solves problems. The lunch is okay, but I'd prefer to pack lunch 3/5 days in the week. The principal has settled nice rules, and the assistant principal is pretty cool. The classmates, though, are unfortunately not the same. We have bullying programs, which helps 40% of the time. I wish the school did do more about the situation. It might be the school for others, but it's not right for me. I'm transferring, and I may return sometime. Hopefully, the students and some staff will improve their attitude if I go back.

Kouts Middle/High School 4

Posted May 03, 2013
My school is small. Although having access to teachers and small classes is nice, there really isn't much chance of diversity here at Kouts. We are only offered two languages to learn, Spanish or German. Our art program is very basic, unlike that at larger schools who get to work with leather and things of that nature. Our band is pretty good, but only as good as a small school will allow. I love Kouts, but when it comes to growth opportunities, there is little to nothing.

Kouts Middle/High School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
When we moved from Robinson Illinois to Kouts Indiana, I thought my son would go through a dramatic change. Although that was not true I made a great decision and my son loves the school and his grades are great. He looks forward to go to school and the classes they offer

Kouts Middle/High School 3

Posted March 12, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted March 14, 2008
Kouts High: The principal genuinely cares about each of his students as individual people. He takes into consideration each student's situation and how the student is going to best benefit from their time there. The instructors are willing to go to levels to help their students learn and understand that without some kind of student respect, they cannot and will not get through to them. The staff at Kouts High School go above and beyond to form bonds with their students and truly expect more from them academically. Here is a school who believes in success.

Posted February 15, 2008
Going to this school,I feel very safe and also very happy. Kouts is quite a small school, but it's nice to know everyone. Go mustangs & fillies!

Posted November 06, 2007
I am an alum of Kouts High School. It was a wonderful school to go to. and I felt extremely well prepared for college! :)

Posted May 16, 2007
This is a great school! The teachers really care about the quality of the education the children receive. The communication with the parents is awesome and the teachers work with the students and parents to insure a positive outcome.

Kouts Middle/High School
302 East College Avenue, Kouts, IN  46347
Last modified Kouts Middle/High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kouts Middle/High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.