Bad
Good

Excellent school. Great leadership, strong philosophy, high expectations of students. Most amazing - the kids are all telling me about how nuch they are missing school during summer vacation.

I go to Renaissance Academy and find it one of the best schools in the area, and in the state! At the moment, we are on Summer Vacation, but I will always remember the awesome trip we took (I am a seventh grader, going into 8th) to Wisconsin to end the year. My teachers are cool and help us when we need it, and I really feel that I am getting the best possible education that I can. Unlike some schools where you don't even totally know the teachers, mine feel like friends, as well as educators, and always help me get to my goal. Yes, we do a lot of reading, a lot of math, and a lot of writing, but I feel like I wouldn't be at the place I am if it weren't for this. Montessori is most certainly the best way to learn, as I know that I am reaching my highest potential. I also am able to be with my friends, while learning, and thriving at this school. I am at the moment in High Level math, High Level Reading, and High Level Writing, but I know that if some of my friends are at different levels they can be okay in their own groups of learning. Renaissance Academy is a really great school, and has brought me to the place I am. Thank you to all the Staff at Renaissance! -8th Grade Student

Second year of school down and my kids are still doing great. Just a few issues with the administration. Turn over with teacher staffing is a concern as well. Lots of strong personalities at play...

This school is good, only if your child is a good fit. The children our expected to excel by themsleves with no help! Your child is expected to be an independent learner! If you think your child may need a little help then I would not suggest this school!

this school is pretty good. Its cool our teacher is great. although sometimes we get behind we can get after school study halls to help us catch up.

We love this school! It is such a good fit for our second grader. She is happy at school and loves her teacher. She gets the extra help she needs with reading while she zooms along in the other subjects. Values that are important to our family, in addition to an excellent education, like kindness, respect, responsibility, joy in learning, community, and excellence, and a well-rounded experience are also important at Renaissance. We feel so fortunate that such a top quality school is here in LaPorte!

This is the worst possible school you can go to! I just started im in 8th grade. It is not a good school at all. Everyone was saying its just simple and a brezee. I am so overwhelmed with work. Our teacher makes us write an essay a week! or more. We've written 3 essays in 2 weeks and my teacher wonders why im behind. It doesn't take a scientist to fiqure out tht that subject alone is way to much. So don't come here

Last modified Renaissance Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.