Posted April 24, 2014
MME is an amazing school with wonderful teachers and a fabulous prinicpal! I couldnt ask for a better elementary for daughters!

Posted July 10, 2011
Excellent school with ample opportunities for all students. Awesome programs for the gifted students in 2/3 and 4/5 multi grade classrooms. As a former home schooling parent, I was surprised at how homeschool-like the gifted classrooms are. Unfortunately nearly half the kids are free/reduced lunch, so the test scores overall are low, but if you track the free reduced group through 5th grade the performance gap decreases, so you can see indisputable evidence the staff is really working hard for all the students. I've found the teachers and administration to be very engaged and enthusiastic. Both my kids' teachers were very friendly and supportive any time my wife or I had any questions or concerns. I am really grateful we found this gem of a school on the southside of Lafayette.

Posted July 19, 2008
In response to the parent whose comment about gifted/talented resources not starting until 4th grade.....that comment was from a few years ago. Now there are separate classrooms for GT down to the 2/3 grade level. They also have pull-out programs for students in the lower levels for some areas of giftedness. Great school!

Posted February 29, 2008
Mayflower is a great school for any child at any age. I could almost guarantee that you will be happy with Mayflower Mill Elementary School. They're lunch lady's are nice. The teachers are respectful.

Posted February 05, 2006
My son has severe food allergies goes to Mayflower Mill Elementary. The staff is tops when it comes to education on food allergies, food safety, and making him feel just like all of the other children in his class. I am really impresssed with the education he is receiving. We moved from the south recently and am so happy with the school!

Mayflower Mill Elementary School 4

Posted June 23, 2004
Mayflower is the second elementary school that my daughter has attended. The specials teachers are top notch and overall the staff is excellent. My only beef is that there are very few resources for gifted and talented students before 4th grade. This seems to be a district problem, however and not just a problem at Mayflower. I could give any parent assurance that they would be happy having their child attend Mayflower.

Posted November 03, 2003

Mayflower Mill Elementary School
200 East 500 South, Lafayette, IN  47909
Last modified Mayflower Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayflower Mill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.