Lafayette, IN
Students enrolled: 1,809

Posted May 21, 2014
I have completed student teaching and numerous other observations here over the past few months and i can say nothing but good things about this school. A great majority of the students are very well driven and this undoubtedly stems around the teachers who guide them. All of the students i have come in contact with speak highly of the vast majority of their teachers. Sure there are a few that are not liked as well but there always will be. Lastly, Principle Beeker is one the best administrators i have ever come in contact with. He is very kind, down to earth and you can constantly find him roaming the halls talking to students because he truly loves his job. He seems to be like a second or even first father figure to these students which is exactly what i feel a good principal should be. All around this is a great school with amazing facilities for academics and athletics alike.

Posted January 24, 2014
This school is amazing. They teach in a fun way, the children come home everyday learning something new. Their games are fun with the marching band, prep band, and all the students. They just all have a good time. Though we have fun, there is still rules to follow and we can't disobey them. I really recommend this school! They have all the classes u need! Spanish, French, music classes, even for piano players! They have tons of clubs including a fashion club! We are competive but yet we have great sportsmanship! GO MAVERICKS!

Posted October 17, 2011
I cannot say enough good things about this school. Out of McC came some of my fondest memories. The facilities, teachers, administrators, athletic departments, and all other aspects of the school are top notch. I went to McC from my Freshman year to my Senior year and I can't say enough good things about it. The teachers are AMAZING: thoughtful, results driven, and student oriented, but most of all they were a friend. The lunch may be lack-luster; however, that's where the lackluster ends. Feel confident as a student or parent that there is a good education to be had at McCutcheon High School.

Posted August 22, 2011
Great school, great teachers and great food (most days). :) The classes are challenging for great potential. The teachers are supportive and kind as you let them. I really feel that you cannot ask for a better school.

Posted September 18, 2009
The staff is great and take great interest in the students and follow staff members, everyone has a smile and makes you feel welcome and graduate some students that make a impressive marks on the country

Mccutcheon High School 4

Posted November 14, 2008
As a recent graduate of McCutcheon High School, I can honestly say that I recieved a quality education that prepared me for college, which is what high school is all about, isn't it? Most of the teachers would go out of their way to help you if you asked for it, and also made their classes fun. Teaching high school students has to be one of the most difficult jobs, and I am greatful other people will step up to the challenge, because I certaintly do not want to! GO MAVERICKS!

Mccutcheon High School 1

Posted September 07, 2008
this school is not very good to many people getting in trouble

Posted September 03, 2008
I am also a parent of 3 wonderful students at McCutcheon. All of my children are in sports at McCutcheon, therefore I know that we parents of athletes pay a lot of fees to allow our children to participate. We also donate a lot of time to make sure that the concessions run smoothly and to make sure that our children are taken care of properly. (Travel, food, support) All of my children participate in as many things as possible at McCutcheon. They all get good grades and work very hard to do it. I know many of the teachers at McCutcheon and I honestly believe that 99.9% of them would help ANY student that ask, Not just because they are an athlete! If you truly believe that the arts program needs more money then step up to the plate and talk to the school about you organizing a fund raiser.

Mccutcheon High School 3

Posted March 24, 2008
Yes, I totally agree, athletics at McCutcheon are way too overrated they need to cut back on that and offer more from the arts department, extra cirricular clubs, etc.

Posted May 20, 2005
The Athletic Department is one of the problems in our schools today because, they take too much of the school funding. They also take away from art and music programs because, one situation that I know of is that an art teacher ran out of supplies and took her own money and bought more. I believe that each of these programs should have an equal amount of money. If they run out then let them have fund raisers to help with the financial situation. The students who participate in sports are shown favortism by most of the teachers and that needs to stop.

4951 U.S. 231, Lafayette, IN  47909
Last modified Mccutcheon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccutcheon High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top