7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Central Catholic provides an amazing values based education. Not only will your child recieve a incredible education, but they will also grow to become independent and ethical people. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Hello to whoever is reading this review. I am currently a sophomore at Central Catholic, and have been in this school system since Kindergarten. Overall, I have been surrounded by nice, caring people. Most students, teachers, and faculty are welcoming and care about others. I have been challenged with a rigorous curriculum throughout my education. However, I have had some teachers that do not seem to know what they are doing, and this has led to me teach myself how to do things. I understand that this situation can happen anywhere, but I find it aggravating when certain teachers have obvious favorites. These favorites are usually are people who are athletic and have contributed to the school through their athletic success. The school administration obviously cares about athletic success more than school clubs, which is aggravating. The administration reminds students frequently that we need money, but whenever we raise it, we somehow get unnecessary things, such as a TV in the lobby to display school events and Apple TV's when that money could be saved for increase in teacher salary or an auditorium. I understand that it is a private school and we do not receive funding from the state, but I think there should be more class options/electives, extracurricular activities besides sports, and block scheduling. This school is not bad, but there are a few issues that should be addressed to make it great. Central Catholic has potential, but these issues prevent students from having a completely pleasant learning experience.

Central Catholic educates the WHOLE person - intellectually, spiritually, physically and socially. Small classes and caring teachers provide an excellent environment for learning. In today's increasingly secular world, the faith foundation our students develop at CC is the most important thing they receive… so that they will go out into the world and spread the Gospel messages of Christ… and hear His call.

As a recent alumni, and current college student, I can say without a doubt that the Central Catholic community sets its students up for mental, physical, and spiritual success and happiness throughout life. CC alumni are better prepared in the classroom, especially with critical thinking, writing, and problem-solving. We excell in our athletic ability and experience, and overall self-worth and self-esteem. We tend to live out our faith longer, more consistently, and more actively than my peers from any other schools I've come across. Additionally, the community is great. We often call it the "CC family." We've lost multiple members of our small community in the past few years, yet each time, we have only grown closer. Even after being gone for a year, I revisited the school and found that I could still look at anyone in the hallways and name three things about them. All current students could do the same as well. Where else can you find that?! I am beyond thankful for the investment of my parents, the CC staff, and our entire community. I look forward to supporting the school and maybe someday sending my kids there as well. I'm proud to be a Knight!

I have to admit when my husband was adamant in sending our child to the Catholic Schools, I was a little hesitant. I went to the public schools and turned out fine right? Well, though I turned out fine, the difference I observed coming from a public school into a Catholic School was night and day. The biggest thing my husband and I wanted, was for our values at home to be reinforced where they went to school. They didnt fail us. I truly believe that Lafayette Catholic Schools, and the teachers in it helped to give our children the foundation to be future servants, leaders, and just good people. I now have a RN and a CPA. They worked very hard but under the principal that they were someone whom God loved and wanted great things for them. The Catholic Schools reinforce that. I worked in the Catholic Schools for 10 years and have been out of there for 3 years. I now am employed at a Public University and I can tell the difference. I dont live my faith as I did daily. Entrusting your children to those that minister, teach, and guide on a daily basis gives us hope that someday they will become what God has called us to do. To be stewards of their faith.

"Much will be required of the person entrusted with much, and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more." -Luke 12:48 Central Catholic's mission places emphasis on developing responsible Christians through fostering spiritual, intellectual and social balance in the lives of students and the entire Central Catholic community. Vision statement: He shepherds, We shape, They shine. Academic Accomplishments: Top 10 ISTEP School District, 4-Star School, Top 10 for College Readiness, 1-1 Computing, Top 50 Catholic School in Country.

Central Catholic has provided our children with an excellent faith-based education over the past 14 years. Our children have excelled academically under the superb leadership abilities of the Central Catholic faculty. We have had several children who have needed additional help with their studies. We have found the teachers and administration more than willing to go above and beyond what is expected of any school to help our children succeed. Not only is the academic curriculum diverse and challenging, but the extra-curricular activities are excellent as well. It is so important to our family that faith comes first and is incorporated into every event, from the classroom to the bandroom to the athletic field! We are very pleased that our children are receiving such a well-rounded education and are so proud of the young adults that they have become.

Central Catholic is focused on giving our students a Christ inspired education for life. As with anything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. CC is a small school with a relatively low tuition and they do the best they can with it. Parents are encouraged to help improve the student experience both inside the classroom and through a variety of extracurricular activities. Students are always welcome to offer new ideas to the administration. We choose Central Catholic for the focus on Catholic values, academics, and the small school atmosphere.

My sons are thriving at Central Catholic! Our administrators are strong leaders, the teachers are caring and invested in our students, and parents are involved. The faith formation is the biggest reason for sending our children to the Catholic schools and CC is doing an outstanding job in this area. Beyond the faith component, there is a strong commitment to continuous improvement and great strides are being made in the area of technology especially. Next fall, all students will be equipped with a laptop that will enhance their learning experiences. I couldn't be happier with our choice of the Lafayette Catholic Schools!

The last of our 4 children will be graduating from Lafayette Central Catholic next month and it is a very bittersweet moment. With a student enrollment of less than 300 in grades 7-12, Lafayette Central Catholic is so much more than just a school. It is a community and a home away from home. Everyone knows everyone else, from teachers to parents to staff and administration and there is genuine care, concern, admiration, encouragement among each of these groups. Because it is such a small school the students can be involved in many varied activities, which is almost unheard of in bigger schools. Being a private school means teacher pay is unfortunately less than that earned by teachers in public schools. This translates to having teachers who are driven by their passion for educating the young men and women who will be our future. Lafayette Central Catholic has been our home away from home for the last 15 years and will be sorely missed.

Last modified Central Catholic Jr-Sr High School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12