PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

We have been very pleased with St. James. Everyone is very welcoming; the teachers truly care about their students. They work to bring out the best in each student and really seemed to work towards their individual needs. My children have enjoyed their time there and learned a lot.

My children started at St. James Lutheran School as preschoolers and are now in middle school! Our family has been thrilled with the focus on "Educating the Whole Child". Our children have been nurtured academically, spiritually, athletically, and musically. Their is a strong sense of community among the school families and staff where you know that everyone cares for each other and is looking out for everyone. This school has been a blessing to our family.

Saint James is a great school which works as a partner with families. Indiana Department of Education has awarded Saint James an "A" rating the last four years and has a long standing reputation of academic excellence. The school is accredited by the State of Indiana and the National Lutheran Schools Association. Students have an opportunity to be involved in many extra-curricular activities not offered in a public school: choir, band, musicals & dramas, science fair, basketball, volleyball, soccer, football & wrestling in partnership with another parochial school, and cheer leading. Students graduate from Saint James with a firm foundation in academics, citizenship, faith and are well rounded. They often become leaders in high school and many have gone on to be their class valedictorians and salutatorians. Saint James has a rich history of education in our community for the past 150 years. The nurturing environment found at Saint James builds character and confidence to last a lifetime.

We have children in 1st and 3rd grade and love this school. The community of families, the caring teachers, the reinforcement of the values that we teach at home, and the excellent academic programs make this the school for us!

We have been very happy with St. James. I have three kids that attend school there and all of them love it. As a parent I like the fact that the teachers are able to show my children God's love every day. I also know most of the families in my kid s classes. The teachers really care about my kids. It always makes my kids feel special when their teacher comes to their birthday party.

The school is great. My son is in the 4th grade and is scoring better then others kids he play with that go to Lafayette schools. All the teachers are all great with the kids. The parent volunteer rate is a nice surprise. We as parents feel that our son is getting a well rounded educational experience and is gaining values that will help him as he grows up and enters the real world.

Last modified Saint James Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8