Lafayette, IN

Posted July 19, 2015
We have had children at this school for 9 years. Our oldest is heading into a very large public high school. I have no doubt that he is prepared emotionally, academically, and spiritually. He knows he will face a lot of new situations, and we talk openly about those issues. He will be enrolling in Honor's level classes at the recommendation of the school he will be attending based on test scores and interviews. The teachers have done a great job of helping to grow academically and spiritually.

Posted July 17, 2015
As a graduate whose parents, siblings, many cousins, aunts, uncles, & a grandparent attended LCS, I was confident in my decision to enroll my daughter! We've had a wonderful experience thus far and look forward to the next 3 years! In a fallen world, expecting perfection from any school is setting yourself up for let down! We've had some hiccups but that's expected. Each situation was resolved by open communication with the teachers and/or parents! It's so great to know that the staff and school community all have the same awareness and love for Jesus!

Posted July 17, 2015
my favorite aspect about the teachers at LCS is their love for Christ and the creative ways they bring Him into all aspects of education as is His due!

Posted July 17, 2015
The teachers are super and very motivating. They love their students and are worthy of high praise. LCS teachers go above and beyond in and out of the classroom. Parents are encouraged to be involved and the administration is very approachable. Things work well and families get out of this school everything they put into it. A fine school and a school that is Christ centered for sure. Good academics, good character building, and great opportunity for educational, personal, and spiritual growth.

Lafayette Christian School 3

Posted November 30, 2014
There is something fundamentally wrong with this school and the administration; a red flag when the principal doesn't meet new/prospective families. Many teachers are caring but there are some who have little grace, love or understanding of anything outside of their little world. Parent involvement is expected but parents who question are not welcome. Another red flag is when a teacher fails to mention anything faith-based in her welcome letter. It's probably an ok school for preschool through early elementary when Christian parents are seeking that sheltered education, but academics, music and sports are below average and area schools (late elementary and middle) are just as good if not better, especially West Lafayette. Save your money, time and frustration and look elsewhere. There are many good churches in the area and caring, Christian teachers in the public schools. If you're sure about attending here, ask about retention rates, especially in the middle school grades, talk to families (not the ones they refer), and do your homework.

Posted April 24, 2014
It is a great school! Kind and caring individuals work here who are helping children learn about Jesus and all the things needed for each grade level. Parental involvement is highly encouraged and welcomed.

Posted April 24, 2014
Lafayette Christian has gave my son a place to feel safe and a place to grow. He has some emotional issues that make it hard for him sometimes and his teachers have been so amazing and understanding. The Christian values that are taught are invaluable to him and us as a family. He is treated with genuine love and kindness. They work closely with us as parents to give what is best to our children. I am very thankful for having the choice to send him there.

Posted April 24, 2014
Lafayette Christian School is the best place for my children! They are learning more about God and their place in his world every day. I am grateful for dedicated teachers who care about each individual and help each child to discern and achieve the great things that God has in store for them. My children are gaining a foundation that will last the rest of their lives, to the glory of God!

Posted November 20, 2013
The teachers are engaged and caring. If you want great academics and a Christ centered environment, this is the school for you. We enjoy the "homey" atmosphere and the involvement of all the parents. If parents don't want to volunteer and be part of the school, they may not enjoy LCS. Youth will be prepared to go into local High Schools and be a light for Christ when they finish here. If you worry about your child's academics, then get them in this school for Kindergarten through Eighth grade. Engaged, caring, supportive, and a Christ centered environment!!!

Posted March 01, 2012
We LOVE Lafayette Christian School for so many reasons! The individualized attention that each child receives is phenomenal and made possible by the small class sizes. It is so comforting to leave my child in a place where the teachers pick up where we left off when we drop her off. She is getting a fantastic academic education, which is built on a foundation of God's Word. I like that she has memorized so many Bible verses, but I LOVE that she applies it to her life at home. I really appreciate how much the teachers and administration encourage parent envolvement...it is truly a community on it's own. I can't recommend this school highly enough!

525 North 26th Street, Lafayette, IN  47904
Last modified Lafayette Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top