Edgelea Elementary School 1

Posted June 04, 2014
This school made my son feel like he was incapable of learning. He was separated from the rest of the class to the point where they made him feel like he was choosing to be excluded. Teacher was always defending herself and her actions. He needed extra guidance and direction not admonishment. He woke up crying one morning and saying that he thought that school was like what he thought HE** would be like. We constantly tried to communicate with teachers to no avail. This prompted the transfer to a school a block away wherein which he felt validated and encouraged to participate. His grades reflected how he felt IMMEDIATELY. Administrator at Edgelea was not sympathetic and completely dismissed the issues with the teachers.

Edgelea Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2014
bad school bad leader. They are very disapointing They do not i repeat do not want to work or have the desire to help kids with special needs. They gave up on my son

Edgelea Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2010
I am the parent of two students at Edgelea who were brought here from another Lafayette school through the 'challenge program' that focuses on gifted children. The principal, Dr. Vaughn, has a Ph.D. in gifted education and truly cares about the students. She is always available to consult, and keeps a hawk eye over the drop off zone in the parking lot before and after school. Safety is taken very seriously at Edgelea.

Edgelea Elementary School 0

Posted November 30, 2009
Edgelea is the best elementary school that we have ever encountered. Having had childrend in public schools and now having a grandchild in this school, I can attest to the fact that I've never been associated with a better one. The principal, Dr. Vaugn, rules with kindness but also firmness. The children know they are there to learn. This is definitely a 5 star school. I wish our grandson was still there!

Edgelea Elementary School 5

Posted October 08, 2009

Edgelea Elementary School 2

Posted July 03, 2009

Edgelea Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2004
- a former student
Hi. My name is Alx Canada. I'm not a parent, I am a sophomore in high school, but I did attend Edgelea for fourth and fifth grade. This school is wonderful. I move a lot all over the country and I attended three different elementary schools alone, but I will never forget Edgelea, the teachers, the things I learned, the life-long friends I made there, or the fun activities the staff planned for us. This school has gifted programs for kids who need a challenge (which I did), they have a great music program including Circle of the State, and they score some of the best test numbers in Indiana! I recommend this school for your kids because the teachers truly care about the students enough to make their elementary days the best time of their entire schooling career.

Edgelea Elementary School
2910 South 18th Street, Lafayette, IN  47909
Last modified Edgelea Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgelea Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top