Bad
Good

Miami Elementary School 2

Posted August 18, 2011
I was not impressed with this school at all. I felt like the teachers were lazy and did not want to spend time with the students, even though her 1st grade teacher was great. I do have to say the principle there is excellent. He seems to know all the kids, he calls them all by name, and seems to recognize all the parents. Excellent principle.

Miami Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2008
I have been to other schools in the area and the classrooms my grandkids are in at Miami are very poor if you want to inspire kids to learn. After one week in this school my granddaugher hates school whereas she loved school last year at another school. Teachers need to inspire, not be babysitters for 6 or 7 hours.

Miami Elementary School

Posted March 05, 2008
I am also a parent of a child at this school, and have had some wonderful experiences being there. I would like to point out that there is only one class that is a split grade classroom. I have spoken with the staff about the classroom sizes, because some are quite large, and it was brought to my attention that they are simply not given the funds to hire more teachers and even if they did, there is absolutely no where in the building to house them. I agree that the number of children in some grades in the school puts restrictions on the one on one time spent with each student, and I too find it disappointing. After becoming involved in the school I see that it is the corporation who is too blame for these problems. Feel free to come to any booster club meeting to discuss these issues!!

Miami Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2007
This school has a split classroom system. My 5th grader is in a class that has half 5th graders and half 4th graders. My son tells me that it is hard to do his work when the teacher is teaching the other side of the class and that there is always talking going on. We are new and know that they are behind because they are just now teaching some things that our son started at the beginning of the school year at his other school. They also plan things for right after school. So if you are a family with 2 working parents don't plan on being able to participate in any after school sports or activities. Also when talking to the teacher about things and about some unruly kids that are disrupting the learning environment she had said we are talking to the parent about this.

Miami Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2005
I'm a parent of some children that attend this school and i don't feel they get they attention that they really need to help them succeed from the teachers. They seem to want to have the parents do all the work when the kids get home. but some parents don't have time to do that.They have to work and have other important things they have to do.growing up we(a few parents)remember our teachers teaching us.Isn't that what they are getting paid for?

Miami Elementary School
2401 Beck Lane, Lafayette, IN  47909
Last modified Miami Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.