Posted July 30, 2012
This school is not focused on education. They are more focused on finding dress code violaters and anything they can hand out a detention,inschool, or Friday class for. I believe uniform dress code should be left to private schools I really don't see the benefit of it in a public school. Edision is such a small school anyway I'm sure the staff could maintain control without a dress code. Do away with dress code and focus on education. Portage and Hobart both manage to keep a grip on the students and are much larger schools. I know its easier buying polos and pants for school but my child feels like school is a prison and thats not what school should feel like!!! Drop the dress code and let kids develope in everyway!!!

Thomas A Edison Jr-Sr High School 2

Posted May 28, 2012
I was at this school for 2 years, and I never liked it. The teachers got off topic most of the time, and we never had the chance to ask questions. I somehow managed to keep all A's and B's, but that's mainly because I had to re-read everything in the text book. I think the teachers should be more focused on teaching rather than cussing at us when we don't do well on tests. The dress code wasn't fair at all. Most students got away with wearing slippers, piercings, and polo's that they knew we couldn't wear. The teachers only wrote up some students, depending on if they liked them or not, which I believe to be completely unfair.

Posted February 17, 2011
Horrrible, Awful, Lazy, Ignorant...These are the words I think of when this school is mentioned. THEY CURSE AT THE KIDS ALL THE TIME, teachers like to be involved in teen drama (they sure don't try to prevent it). When I went there in the fall to pick up my kids I saw 2 kids making out and a girl on her phone in the little entryway between the doors in back. The lady in the office said something to the girl on her phone when I was standing in the office and right after turning off the intercom she said "oh well I dont care". They had kids making out in the cafeteria during lunch...full blown in front of everyone and all the woman in charge did was say stoppit. They have a$$ slap Friday and Bangcock Thursday!!! Noone is suspended or expelled for slapping girls (or guys) butts. Can't believe this town!!!!! The guys are wrestling in the halls and I know a boy who got his ribs broke in the gym because noone was watching the class. Then they wonder why their ISTEP scores SUK!!!!!

Thomas A Edison Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted January 05, 2011
Edison isn't that bad of a school. The dress code does get annoying sometimes(kind of hard to find polos.) I like it because its a small school and the teachers actually know our names unlike some in larger schools. Most of the kids here are friendly with the except of a few troublemakers.

Posted January 11, 2010

Thomas A Edison Jr-Sr High School 3

Posted November 11, 2008

Thomas A Edison Jr-Sr High School
3304 Parkside Avenue, Lake Station, IN  46405
Last modified Thomas A Edison Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas A Edison Jr-Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.