Bad
Good

Virgil I Bailey Elementary School 3

Posted September 02, 2010
Depending on what classroom your child is in, will weigh their success. With two teachers per classroom in the lower grades, you would think it would be impossible for a child to fail in that environment with extra assistance, but that is not the case. Some of the teachers have very poor communication. I pick up my child everyday. I saw the teacher a few times a week. Not once did she mention the struggles my child was having. All of the work sent home was graded well, I had no idea there were issues. She was saving all of the poor work to drop the bomb at a parent teacher conference. Why she didn't think it was important for me to know my child needed extra assistance before the end of the semester is beyond me. She was speechless when it came to answering my questions. Ridiculous!

Virgil I Bailey Elementary School 5

Posted May 17, 2010
Jeanne Stilwell is an excellent teacher....have kown her for years and couldn't find a better educator !!

Virgil I Bailey Elementary School 5

Posted March 20, 2004
Bailey is a great school! The children are encouraged each and every day to do their personal best. They are taught the lifeskills and they demonstrate them daily. I wish each and every parent would take an active roll in their child's school. It doesn't take much. Come in the classroom once a week for a half hour and read to the students. This would not only give you a good feeling about your school, it would give the children that same attitude.

Virgil I Bailey Elementary School
2100 Union Street, Lake Station, IN  46405
Last modified Virgil I Bailey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Virgil I Bailey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top