Posted May 16, 2014
when looking to relocate was told this school was a good one with staf that cared . i soon have found out the the staf looks the other way when kids are bullyed and if you wasent born here they dont care there are a copple of teachers that try but most dont care and the goes al the way up to the super of this school wish i would of never bought my home here if i could give it a 0 i would

Posted July 04, 2013
Love Laville! I believe it is a great school & love most of the teachers. They are always will to help with any problems we might have. I think it has a great small home town feel.

Posted July 04, 2013
I have always liked this school. My son has only had a problem with one kid the whole time he has been going there & they fixed it right away & we have never had a problem since. We always feel welcome there.

Posted June 21, 2013
This school is on the upswing. The building is receiving updates that are greatly needed. The gym floor has been refinished, the weight room has new mirrors and equipment, the front office and library have been recently renovated and more improvements are scheduled. The students are 1 to 1 with apple computers. The staff has been through a lot of change recently with tougher evaluations that have resulted in better classroom focus and teaching techniques. Most all class rooms have promethium boards to assist in the learning process. The students direct and produce daily announcements that are aired on an internal TV network. Students & staff are showing a renewed sense of pride in their school leading to an upswing in building moral and test scores. This school corporation is definitely one on the upswing!

Posted April 30, 2013
This school needs a lot of work. If you are looking for a different school, you definitely don't want to send your child to this school. The teachers don't care, the MacBook's are a joke. In other words, the MacBook's aren't properly configured. Parents are never informed of what is going on at the school. Teachers aren't consistent with same method of commuconicating homework, some use moodle, some just put it on the board in the class room, and some use some other website, so parents are completely confused. The school doesn't prepare the 7th graders for the high school and using the MacBooks, so they may miss out on homework. If a student is late for a class, they get sent to a freeze out room, which is just a room to do nothing. So their punishment is to not learn. The school also has a lot of bullies. The lunch monitors just stand by the doors, so they don't see anything. Their bully policy is to fill out a form. There are a lot more problems that I have not mentioned, this is not a school that you want to go to. If this was only a bad reputation, there would only be one or two people leaving the high school, but kids are leaving the high school in bunches.

Posted April 17, 2013
This school is attempting to improve. Now, every student has a MacBook and all of the books are on the computer. The school also offers Rosetta Stone in multiple languages that allow students to study languages that are not commonly taught, such as German and Chinese, as well as Spanish. The teachers put their hearts and souls into their classes, but they can not help it when some students refuse to attempt to learn. The teaching staff is very supportive of students who apply themselves and parents who are kind. Student moral needs to rise to improve the school, but the community is great. The sports teams are also quite good: not football, but soccer, basketball, and baseball. I love this school much, but I applied myself everyday. I think that this school is great if you try and take all that the schools offer. There are so many great opportunities that this school offers that many students do not take advantage of, but LaVille offers a large student government and many clubs. The teachers care so much and so does the entire administration. The reputation is bad and unfortunately, and incorrectly, false. LaVille is a great place that is a really good place to go to high school!

Posted August 03, 2010
this school needs some work for both students and staff to be a better place for education. I have hope for the future and it need some who can do more than I can, I'm a student w/not to great of a background w/the staff. But like me the school could use a turn around.I'd like to see a good staff that enjoy there career and are certified to teach in their profession. I'd like to graduate saying I had people I could count on in high school. Laville doesn't have a great reputation but I have hope and so do other students.

Posted March 09, 2009

Laville Jr-Sr High School 2

Posted June 04, 2004
- a former student
If you are looking for a place to send you child then you should look at a different school. I was a new kid going into the 10th grade there and was into sports and always was treated like the new kid.

Laville Jr-Sr High School
69969 U.S. HIghway 31, Lakeville, IN  46536
Last modified Laville Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laville Jr-Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.