Lapel Elementary School 5

Posted August 30, 2013
-Most of teachers care about and work with the students, as with any organization you're going to have some that do more than others and some that do things differently, There are a few that are stuck in their ways and thing this is still a one room school house but for the most part the teaching staff is great. - I have noticed from the meetings, field trips, volunteering, etc. that the parents that complain the most seem to be doing the least with their kids like they expect the school to raise them...but that's going to be true with any school system. - Both of my kids like the school, and the work load is age appropriate. -Leadership is new this year so I can't rate that yet and from what I've read there is also a new set of standards being mandated by the state so we'll see how this year goes. Hopefully it is a change for the better, I can't say I was impressed with the last principal. -I feel it is a safe school and I have no issues sending my kids there.

Lapel Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2013
My granddaughter has a teacher name Sturgeon, she is horrible. She is very mean and uncaring. She assigned 3 to 6 hrs of home work to 3rd graders a night and doesn't care about the child or try to help them. She just said they have to do it or get the grade if they don't. It is very sad. I thought it was teacher's job to help each child, even if they learn differently. They are to be patience and understanding.

Lapel Elementary School 5

Posted October 09, 2011
We have been pleased with the teachers and learning environment. There is strong community support that helps this school thrive.

Lapel Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2010
This school is going downhill fast-a good school needs good leadership and this one needs someone new to lead it.

Lapel Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers are very kind and loving, they strive to meet the needs of parents who work as to meetings and pick ups. They listen!!!

Lapel Elementary School 2

Posted August 31, 2006

Lapel Elementary School
2865 Indiana 13, Lapel, IN  46051
Last modified Lapel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lapel Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top