Lapel, IN

Posted February 11, 2012
All 3 of my children graduated from Lapel high school. They all received personal attention from the teachers and staff that you don't receive from a large school. I would highly recommend this school system to anyone with children who want their children to get a good education with a great small town feel.

Posted August 18, 2011
As a former student I would have to say that a small school beats the impersonal experience that most get at larger schools. LHS holds a dear place in my mind and I look back at my high school career there and smile.

Posted March 05, 2009
Uhhm its an okay school i guess. I wisth there were more people though. i know everyone in the whole school by first and last name. its small, id like to see someone new everyday

Posted March 03, 2009
I go to LHS, and I love it! I'm only a freshman, but so far everything is cool. I've gone to Lapel nearly all my life, and with the new high school, everything is awesome.

Posted January 03, 2009
Being at Lapel, is a great experience. Everyone is very welcoming there and very helpful. At Lapel there are so many oppurtunities tht you are given and the athletics are very nice as well !

Lapel Sr High School 1

Posted September 05, 2008
Unless you were born and raised in Lapel this School will treat you and your children as outsiders. I had so many meetings with the principal and counselor that it became a big joke. They will tell you what you want to hear. But they do not help you. The counselor only helps A students who do not need help. To the parent of the special needs student. It took me four years to finally get someone to even call me. And then it was in May at the end of the school year. I dislike the principal of this school, he thinks he is a God and he is a nothing. And the counselor is LAZY! Too Lazy to help students that really need it. She is too involved in the A students who dont need help. My son will graduate in three years. And I am counting the days.

Posted May 26, 2008
I think my children are getting a great education there, a four star school, Oh and did i forget to mention that they offer tuition. If your looking for a school Lapel is where you should go.

Posted March 20, 2008
Lapel is a great school for any kid. The students are great. The teachers really care about their students.

Lapel Sr High School 2

Posted May 12, 2006
I have been very disappointed with the quality of education my 8th grade child received at Lapel Jr. High School. My child has severe learning disabilities and at his January case conference meeting I requested an OT evaluation as my child has fine motor deficits. It is May and we have heard nothing. I spoke to a Special Education law professor and she said that is grounds for mediation and possible due process. Also, my child has received nothing above a D- in core classes (most of the grades are Fs, however) and when a child is on an IEP and is receiving marks like that, I see it as a failure on the school's part to provide my child an appropriate education that best meets the educational needs. Perhaps Lapel is a 4 star school for the mainstream children, but certainly not for the children with special needs.

Lapel Sr High School 3

Posted September 08, 2004
Lapel Jr/Sr high School is great. There is a lot of parent involvement. The teachers really care about the students. I wouldn't send my kids to any other school.

1850 South 900 West, Lapel, IN  46051
Last modified Lapel Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lapel Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top