Posted September 25, 2009
I really loved the school, the test scores are what brought us to La Porte. However the principal is not very friendly towards the parents. We had a wonderful Kindergarten teacher who understood how to work with children at all levels. But the past two years, my daughter has been bored, there is nothing to stimulate her. The work is way below her level. I would love to stimulate her with extra activities and elssons at home, but like another parent said the homework is long, repetitive, and is really below her level. She rushes through her work at home and school because she it bored. The Accellerated Reading program is the only thing keeping her interested. My son started Kindergarten this year and has had numerous issues because of his shyness. I would still recommend the school because it encourages parent involvement. Wish there was more motivation.

F Willard Crichfield Elementary School 0

Posted August 29, 2009
I have 2 boys in Crichfield and I think that the amount of homework at this school is over the top. Too Much! There is so much homework that we no longer have time for family activities, just homework. For the average quality (comparing within the last 50 years of school) it is just too much work. I have not seen any research backing up that the more homework given in elementary has resulted in better education and job prospects. And I think that boys are becoming disinterested early in elementary because of all the worksheets and 'female' oriented subject matter in the reading choices. Crichfield may be great for girls but I have had nothing but dissatifaction for my boys.

Posted February 10, 2008

Posted October 23, 2007
I am a proud parent of 2 children (ages 8&9) who attend Crichfield. This is their 2nd year and they absolutely love it.The building is brand new, complete w/ internet access,smartboards,etc.. My son loves his 4th grade teacher and is already learning pre-algebra and geometry! The accelerated reading program is wonderful and really encourages reading comprehension. The entire school is very community oriented and we as parents really strive to keep it all about the kids. I like Principal Wiltfong and my daughter's 2nd grade teacher was extremely helpful in assisting us with our daughter's academic challenges. She is thriving now. I truly feel as though they care about the kids. I only wish there were more music, sports and Spanish programs for the younger grades. Otherwise, an excellent school.

F Willard Crichfield Elementary School 3

F Willard Crichfield Elementary School 3

Posted April 17, 2007
The teacher that my child has now is really great. I am informed with things that needs my attention and I can take care of them when I am able to. However, the principal is rude and pushy and not a well liked parson in my opinion.

Posted April 17, 2007
The school is great and some of the teachers are great but the principal need some people skills.

F Willard Crichfield Elementary School 5

Posted June 25, 2006
Crichfield Elementary School is wonderful. It is a place where children come first. Mrs. Wiltfong, the principal, displays a caring attitude to parents and students. The teachers are excellent. It is obvious that they truly care about children. Many opportunities will be available when the new building opens during the fall of 2006. Crichfield welcomes parents and family members to volunteer at the school. ISTEP test scores are awesome! If you'd like to see a caring, child centered environment, just visit Crichfield!

F Willard Crichfield Elementary School 5

Posted February 04, 2005
In my opinion, Crichfield is one of the best schools around! I have been going to Crichfield since Kindergarten and am now in the 5th grade there. The principal, Mrs.Wiltfong, isn't the best, but Mr.P (Mr.Provilovich) was VERY nice and funny. But Mrs.Wiltfong is okay. All classes have gym and music twice a week, art once a week, and a class library once a week.(Students have the option to go to book exchange twice a week besides regular library.) I really think Crichfield is the best school around. Oh yeah, and we have a really good basketball team too. Go Cougars!

F Willard Crichfield Elementary School
336 West Johnson Road, Laporte, IN  46350
(219) 362-2020
Last modified F Willard Crichfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
F Willard Crichfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.