Bad
Good

Posted January 26, 2015
This school has issues. Some teachers don't care, there's a drug problem, and it's got a C from the state. However, there are a few elite teachers that really show what it means to be a slicer. Without these select group of elite teachers, this school wouldn't be worth going to. They make learning a fun, interactive experience.

Posted January 12, 2011
I am a graduate of LPHS, and I couldn't be prouder to say that. LaPorte has a dedicated faculty and engaging opportunities for students. I left LPHS and joined an out-of-state Honors College. I have found that my education was on par or surpassing those of my peers. Go Slicers!

Laporte High School 2

Posted August 11, 2005
To be honest I once attended LaPorte High School and as far as schools go. I am not really impressed. I mean if you want your teenaged, prospective college student to have a decent education; send them somewhere else. Truth be told they don't really encourage ny kind of free thinking, but rather the ability to retain enough knowledge to be able to fill in the circle that most closely relates to the correct answer. If you want your child to be tested on their memory skills that's great, but I would hope that most parets would want more for their children. Also, when it comes to helping children that seem less than motivated the school fails completely. I was a less than average student, but I always felt that I was more than what the school could teach me. A would guess that to be normal behavior for a teenager, but that attitude reflected in my grades. I never pushed myself. Nor did any of the teachers or counselors at LaPorte. A tradgedy to say te least. I am in college now and presently hold a 4.0 GPA but the school thought I would be just great working in the local factory or as a building trades person. I find the lack of encouragement to be apalling. Their are a few really great teachers that are their, but for the most part I feel that most of the teachers at the school are their for a pay check. Furthermore, I know some of the students who have recently graduated from the school with an education that I would call sub-par. Some of these kids have a respectable GPA like 3.0 or 3.5 and couldn't explain the to me the difference between the 3 branches of the U.S. government. Unless things have changed since I have graduated I think Government is still a required class for every student in high school. I think that this school and most of it's faculty are just there to put another less than educated student out into the world to work in the local factory. Which, by the way, can't employ the all of these students.

Posted November 14, 2004
LaPorte High School is the best school that I have come across in my lifetime. Excellant teachers, and students learn so much becuase there are a lot more options here than at some of the smaller schools that I have been to. Keep up the good work LaPorte High!

Laporte High School
602 'f' St, Laporte, IN  46350
Last modified Laporte High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.