Laurel School 3

Posted June 15, 2014
I'm not sure what is happening with this school. It used to be an exceptional little school but in recent years it seems the school district is pushing it to the side and letting it fail. For a such a small community, this is unacceptable! People give Laurel a difficult time because there is a high number of low income families but low income does not mean unintelligent or undeserving of a good education. I think the staff and teachers care; I just believe there is a breakdown in the school system somewhere in the county.

Posted May 23, 2014
This is one of the worst schools any of my children have ever attended. Communication between office staff to teachers and parents is non existant. Homework assigned is always math, which seems to be a year or so behind their current grade level. There is never reading comprehension or any type of language arts. I guess thats up to us parents to make up our own assignments. Better off homeschooling them! My final complaint is that every single week the school sends home something requesting you to donate something or buy things...how many book fairs can you have in a year? Buy this or that. Send money with your child so he/she can buy popcorn every friday, or a big lollipop, fund raising packs galore. YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE EDUCATING MY CHILDREN NOT PIMPING THEM OUT AS SALESPEOPLE!!!!

Posted November 07, 2012
This is one of the worst schools in Indiana. School last week received a F from the state. Also this past spring, school had as many as 70% for a grade class flunking the state administered ISTEP. It is a absolute horrible school.Check with the state to verify this. School is on verge of being closed.

Laurel School 4

Posted January 26, 2012
The faculty is outstanding and really care about the kids. I see what goes on in other school corporations and franklin county is one of the best.

Posted October 20, 2009
I would rate this school as a one star and that would be being nice about it. I have 2 kids that go here in kindergarton and 2nd grade. Very unhappy with school. Subpar teaching. Looking into sending childen to a different school after this year.

Laurel School 4

Posted December 16, 2008
laurel is a great little school, we have exceptional teachers and a great new school principal .. we get a lot of junk about being from laurel. but i beleive our children are competitive in academics and athletics .

Contact Information

13246 Indiana 121
Laurel, IN 47024

School website

Laurel School
13246 Indiana 121, Laurel, IN  47024
Last modified Laurel School is a public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laurel School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.