Lebanon Senior High School 5

Posted August 09, 2013
I'm currently a junior at Lebanon High School. I'm a cheerleader and was involved in band for two years here. I'm in some AP and some regular classes. Lebanon is a great school. Most of the teachers care about the kids, and its easy to get help if needed. The one thing I don't love is the strict discipline system. Lebanon has a great foreign language department, arts department as well as many other classes. There are also lots of electives geared towards specific interests. There's great facilitie and technology, every classroom has a SMARTboard and every student has a Macbook Air. Lebanon has very strong athletic teams, and there's lots of school spirit. We're also full of tradition, such as the annual trike race. Lebanon High School takes a lot of pride in academics and athletics, for many good reasons. Stop by to check us out sometime!

Posted June 30, 2009

Lebanon Senior High School 5

Posted September 28, 2008
I am also a student at LHS and I really like it. As it has been stated earlier, there are some definate peaks and some definate lows but over all it's a great place. All of the extra cirriculars are also good too, all having great sponsers. In my opinion this is the classic 'you get as much from it as you put into it' enviroment.

Lebanon Senior High School 2

Posted September 09, 2008
I go to LHS, and I really don't like it. I know not a lot of students like their high school, but LHS is so average. There are no special classes, sports, or anything of the sort. The heating and air conditioning system stinks, the teachers act like they care, but woludn't go out of their way to help a student.

Posted June 11, 2008
I currently go to this school. Most teachers are amazing and teach you well; some, they just don't care. I would list the names of the teachers that don't care, but that wouldn't be called for. The principal, vice principal, etc are very nice. They are taking good care of the school. They give us pretty good discipline. I have gotten in trouble a few times and have gotten discipline. They matched the trouble I got it. It wasn't too harsh and it wasn't too easy and soft. Long story short, this school is a good school.

Posted May 18, 2008
LHS isn't a terrible school. There are some definate peaks and some definate lows. Peaks are extras such as yearbook and pennant and also they have a great foreign language staff. However core subjects take a hit. Most teachers there are enthusiastic and care about the students. A few others are insulting. I was disgusted with the athletic department. The teachers and coaches in that department were rude and inconsiderate of others. Many instances they'd put students down for their enjoyment. It hasn't changed as I have siblings in LHS. Students need more freedom. When I came in as a freshmen students were allowed to be free and shoot hoops in the gymnasium and eat in the lobby. When I graduated we were all contained to the cafeteria at times having to ask permission to use the bathroom. LHS is an average school, though you get what you pay for.

Posted February 28, 2008
Many teachers here don't seem to care if you're learning the subject matter or not. It's a matter of money to them, though I will say that that seems to be a national issue as well. The people are great, apart from that, and it's not a bad place. I often feel understimulated in most subjects and there is no middle ground. It's either feeling extremely understimulated or extremely overstimulated. Still, I enjoy it on most days, depending upon which tyrants I have for the day.

Posted September 21, 2007
- a former student
I am a recent graduate of LHS, academically, it is a good school to go to. I am a little disappointed in all of the money and effort that goes into the sports programs when they could be utilizing it in other places like...oh lets say the ceramics, or art and music programs. it angers me to think that in the next two years LHS will get a large group of orchestra students with no orchestra teacher. The major problem with most school administrations it the lack of knowledge surrounding things like music. One must have played, and seen or lived the effects of music to fully understand it...I understand that football can build character, but try to get one of those football players to sit down and really concentrate on a piece of music, or an art project, and you'll find that their attention span becomes non-existent, keep-music-in-schools-because-the-effects-could-be-dramatic.

Posted August 12, 2007
After participating in many schools my daughter had a lot of schools to compare LHS to. LHS is a very disciplined (not able to think out side of the box) which is alienating students. Also not very progressive in its' approach to educating individuals who do not fit the perfect student mold. Student motivation seems realatively low with a high drop out rate. It seems there are alot of teachers and staff just trying to get kids to graduation instead of taking personal interest in the students. I would expect much more personal attention in a smaller school and have seem much more in significantly larger schools she has attended. A big plus is it is a safe school with very low school violence. It's a decent school just not a standout school.

Posted April 20, 2007
I am currently a student at Lebanon high school. LHS is a mix of all types of students. We are a mostly white school,but we welcome students of all races and incomes. At Lebanon there are many great teachers such as Mr. Passwater or Mrs.patmore, but there some that just teach for the paycheck(I'm not going to say who). LHS will give your son or daughter a great education if they are of Average IQ but if your looking for a school with many high level class that supports very IQs than LHS may not be right for them. LHS is your typical small town High school.

Lebanon Senior High School
510 Essex Drive, Lebanon, IN  46052
Last modified Lebanon Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lebanon Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top