Martinsville, IN
Students enrolled: 1,550

Martinsville High School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
MHS honestly sucks. Sure there are a good things here and there and some GREAT teachers, most of the teachers actually want to help the students and they do their jobs correctly. Some of the principals on the other hand... hahaha. Acting like they're "a perfect 4 star school" If your child isn't what they consider "popular" then they won't get the treatment they deserve. MHS is a joke, I do NOT recommend enrolling your child there.

Martinsville High School 5

Posted November 12, 2008
If you have a child that doesn't seem to fit in at regular schools, because of religous or because they are quiet and they are being bullied, give this school a call. The principle Mr Roll, the teachers and staff are all so sweet and personable making any child fit in. They teach about God and have a great curriculum. What a difference this school has made on my kids. Thank you all so much!

Martinsville High School 2

Posted January 06, 2008
The administration is not willing to listent to or even meet with many parents that have concerns, even if your child is virtually an all 'A' student.

Martinsville High School 4

Posted March 17, 2006
This school is amazing! Besides the fact it only offers the basic AP classes. It is an awesome school. I know my son/daughter recieved an excellent education here.

Martinsville High School 1

Posted March 02, 2006
This school does very little to help or educate my child. This school is very sub par.

Martinsville High School 5

Posted January 09, 2006
Martinsville High School is a great all-around school. The teachers are very caring and the academic portion is outstanding. The athletics here are top-quality. The only thing wrong with the school is the slight lack of upkeep. Other than that, this school is great. I am now in the US Air Force because of the teachers and the other people that I met while attending school in Martinsville. SrA Patrick R. Spencer, US Air Force.

Martinsville High School 3

Posted April 13, 2005
I believe that the academic programs at MHS contain great possibilities for students willing to work hard. My experience working toward Academic Honors at MHS greatly helped me to prepare for the work expected at the University. Spanish teacher Mike Maxwell, English teacher Ken Barrett, Speech teacher Mary Beth Fetherholf, and History and American Studies teacher Dave Fetherholf all work hard to prepare students for success in later life. I know that without their impact on my education I would not have succeeded like I have in college.

Martinsville High School 3

Posted September 03, 2004
This school has wet carpet. Large squeegees are used to push the water out the door after it rains. Then they set up fans that look like snails but it still smells moldy.

Martinsville High School 4

Posted February 12, 2004
I received a great education from Martinsville High School. The teachers cared about their students and made it interesting and entertaining at the same time. The advanced courses (college prep courses) were a great asset to my knowledge base before heading into the college world. I have great respect for Mr. Lind, Mr. Barrett, and Ms. Burden for preparing me to the best of their ability for the journey ahead.

Martinsville High School
1360 East Gray Street, Martinsville, IN  46151
Last modified Martinsville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martinsville High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top