Public charter
McCordsville, IN

Posted August 27, 2015
Geist Montessori has been the best decision our family has ever made. The teachers are kind, caring, and work with each and every child at their own pace and academic ability. This is a great place for children to attend. I don't know why anyone would choose any other school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 26, 2015
Learn about other cultures. The class is varied in the abilities of each student so children are more aware of the different children around them. They are shown respect and are included despite their disabilities.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 26, 2015
The students are taught to respect one another and be inclusive with those in their class.

Posted August 26, 2015
This is our 3rd year at GMA and we have loved every year here. My daughter is learning so much and her confidence in her abilities is wonderful. I love that it focuses on molding our children into well rounded individuals and they learn to be self motivated. Not told what they have to work on every second of the day. They have work plans that are individualized to their skill set and they have the week to complete. The classes typically have a teacher and a teacher's aid along with parents stepping in to help out. I have helped in the classroom and is is amazing to see 25 kindergartners all working on various subjects while staying on task with their personal work plan. The teachers and aides assist each student in working through their works to assure they are on the right track. Their is lots of room to explore and learn in different formats that really helps to engage your child in the best way they can learn.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 26, 2015
Montessori style learning does not traditionally involve homework outside of class. The student's minds are engaged in the classroom. Concepts can be reinforced at home but traditional homework is not assigned.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 26, 2015
The staff and faculty demonstrate these attributes in their own words and actions. Children are helped to find meaningful, positive, and productive ways to resolve day-to-day challenges socially and academically.

Posted August 26, 2015
We love the opportunity for our kids to be in a smaller elementary setting AND have the Montessori pedagogy in place. The faculty and staff are caring and hard-working. This is a great atmosphere for little minds to grow!

Geist Montessori Academy 1

Posted August 02, 2015
I went to GMA for 3 years from 6th to 8th grade fall 2007 to spring 2010 and I had a TERRIBLE experience. I am now 18 and as I look back on It i realize how little this school has helped me. I went to to community Montessori school for 2 years before and Its is a great school because it is a real Montessori school. GMA may claim to be one but they're not. As you see all of the 5 star reviews by others you will see that they all say that the kids we're having a great time. And I will admit it was a very fun experience but YOU WON'T LEARN SH!T THERE. When I came to public high school afterwards I was so far behind the other kids academicially. The teachers at GMA are almost all young and fresh out of college with a bachelors degree and don't know how to even teach a regular class let alone Montessori . This makes for a disaster of a chaotic classroom. The idea of Montessori is to let the kids work at they're own pace but really all the kids do is sit around and talk all day or play on they're ipods. When I came to high school after this I was one of the worst students in the whole grade. I was getting C's and D's almost the whole year and had to get a tutor to get me back on track. If you don't care about your kids future sure go ahead and send them there but when they move them on to a public school they will be screwed. Do your kid a favor and send them to a public school so they will learn. In the end if you just want your kid to have fun then go for it and send them to GMA but if you want them to have a bright future then keep them in public school.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 02, 2015
If you want to learn you need at least some homework but at GMA there is none.

Posted April 14, 2015
My son is finishing up his second year at GMA. We started him at 3 years old in Pre-k. He was one of the youngest in the class and I was really guarded. Miss Karen is amazing. My child's development has far exceeded my expectations. The start of his first year his words were not very clear... By the end of the year we were starting to read!! Miss Karen is always in communication with me about his progress. She is an amazing educator and has gone above and beyond the call of duty! She sets the bar very high for the future educators in our children's lives. I know she genuinely cares about each and every one of her students. My son thoroughly enjoys being at school and he LOVES Miss Karen.

13942 East 96th Street, McCordsville, IN  46055
Last modified Geist Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Geist Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top