Posted October 27, 2013
My school is the best because kids truly do come first!!!! The staff cares about every area of their lives.

Posted August 26, 2013
We are new this year and very happy with GMA. My children thrive in the individual relationships with their teachers. They love making their work plans and fulfilling them within the flexible extended work times. The basic academic experience for my kiddos is superior to their previous public school. The school struggles, it seems, to provide consistent art, music and gym "specials," but that could be resolved with the right personnel. I wish there were more schools like this in and around town.

Geist Montessori Academy 4

Posted August 22, 2013
This school offers a small close knit atmosphere. Students and staff work cohesively together in order to provide a quality education for all ability levels. Everyone is friendly and that makes learning and going to school here fun!

Posted August 22, 2013
GMA is built on Montessori principles that help children develop independance, confidence, and responsibility for their own education. They have a strong community feel where teachers, students, and families work together to do what is best for each child. Students at Geist Montessori Academy are treated as individuals, both academically and socially. Their educational path is created to fit their needs and to meet their personalized goals. Students and families come from all walks of life and their differences are embraced and celebrated for their uniquness. At GMA everyone is free to be themselves, and they can focus on get the best education possible.

Geist Montessori Academy 1

Posted May 14, 2013
I really wanted my children to go to a Montessori School over public school. However, after the end of the year my child who has had two years of Montessori before entering kindergarten is way behind my friends children who are in public school and have not even had preschool! I believe in the teachings of Montessori but after this year I know there are huge variations in the teaching that vary and if it is not done right can really hinder our children. This attitude that any Montessori is better than public school is just for those that really have not witnessed what they are actually doing in public school. I went to watch in on my friends kindergarten class and it amazed me what the children were learning and they all appeared so happy. My child is never this happy coming home and I think it is because most of the day they are isolated and made to teach themselves. I want to point out before all the Montessori pit bulls come after me that I believe in Montessori but just because it says it on the building doesn't make it such. This is my opinion and my experience that I am entitled to.

Geist Montessori Academy 4

Posted May 10, 2013
My oldest child is in kindergarten at GMA and so far I have been very happy with this school. The teacher and teacher's aide are terrific! I like the size of the school, the weekly newsletters, the class updates, and love the responsibility taught to the children in addition to academics. I have not had any bad experiences with GMA.

Posted March 24, 2013
RE- Last Post: How can anyone say anything negative about this school. It is wonderful now ( my children have attended GMA for two years now). There has been zero teacher turnover this year and enrollment has increased 20%. It is such a known desirerable school, that they even hold a lottery for new enrollment. I would say that the previous poster has problems everywhere they go, hence they shop for schools everytime there child has an issue. All I can say is; as an active involved parent, check it out for yourself. The South campus is awesome!

Geist Montessori Academy 1

Posted March 10, 2013
This is literally the worst school any of my children have ever attended. I'm convinced the good reviews are rigged. I had my child in this school for 2 years, and in that time not only did her self esteem and confidence plummet, but her academics slowed to a halt. We have had great montessori experiences prior and since, but this school was not even good for a traditional public school. There is a huge turnover every year in both staff and students. The teachers typically have little to no experience in any type of teaching, and are very young and immature. They regularly ignore IEPs. They don't allow students to work at their own pace or level, which is a cornerstone of montessori. Complaints from parents are treated as nuisances rather than an opportunity to resolve problems, and I would even suggest that any issue makes your child s target for punishment. All the parents I knew coming in have since pulled their children out, and that includes us. My child has soared to wonderful new heights since leaving. I wouldn't recommend this school to my worst enemy.

Geist Montessori Academy 3

Posted March 07, 2013
An ok choice if you can not afford a true Montessori school. School needs to work on parent communication and fostering a more positive environment.

Posted January 24, 2013
My child started 1st grade in one of the renowned public school. It felt like he was being molded into the "norm," stripped of his individuality, and coming home with piles of repetitive homework papers. Halfway into the year, his public school teacher knew NOTHING of his strengths/weaknesses and showed little concern for challenging him. We found GMA and have been nothing but delighted with the leadership, his teachers, the passion for learning that they instill, and the celebration of each child's individuality. He is no longer stuck at a desk, lost in a crowd, or passively listening to teachers lecturing. Instead, he's researching, working on teams, learning life skills, exploring, and ultimately developing a love of lifelong learning in a manner that's much more consistent with the real world. Although other comments reference the teacher turnover, I will say that the teachers I have come in contact with teach because it is there passion, and they are given the freedom to teach to the children's needs and NOT just to ensure certain test scores are met. It's a beautiful place.

Geist Montessori Academy
13942 East 96th Street, McCordsville, IN  46055
Last modified Geist Montessori Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 1-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Geist Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews.