Merrillville, IN
Students enrolled: 1,022

Posted October 12, 2014
My daughter goes to this school and loves it! SHE IS ON 6TH GRADE BLUE TEAM. She loves her teachers and has many friends.Lisa Patrick, the principal, is amazing and very nice.

Posted January 13, 2014
Absolutely Great Teachers are Good and has a strict policy about bullying ,my children loved their 5th&6th grade year here !

Merrillville Intermediate School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
I have enjoyed the last school year and I am looking forward to a new year as my daughter will be in sixth grade. She was blessed to have many great teachers which made the school year awesome.

Merrillville Intermediate School 3

Posted May 17, 2013
I think that this school is too much for some kids, meaning there are too many kids in a classrooms, the teachers have a lot to address. The social issues are bit much, the kids are continuously fighting and misbehaving. I feel that I did not do a good job in transferring my son to MIS, this atmosphere is not the best learning environment. If i had to do again, i Would not have moved to this school district. Simply not good for me and my family!!

Merrillville Intermediate School 1

Posted August 20, 2011
Terrible year so far. Utter confusion. Lack of experience. My son has a sub for a months!

Posted May 13, 2011
My daughter is in 5th grade at MIS...I feel the school has sooo much for its kids and really focuses on the kids. They have a great discpline policy and academic program.

Merrillville Intermediate School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
My daughter began 5th grade in Fall of 2008 @ MIS. We heard more negative than positive things about the school which was sad since most of it seemed to rumor. I know there are problems with every school, however the teachers have been great, both in teaching and communicating, Mrs. Renner is readily available to listen to any issuses. Only issue I have with MIS is the lunch time and the chaos that goes with it. By the time everyone is served the last kids seem to only have 2-3 minutes to eat. When the students are unruly everyone suffers. Sad that these days many (not all) students feel some sense of entitlement and do whatever they please. Parents need to work with the faculty and accept that no one is perfect including their own child. Bottome line, MIS is a great school!

Merrillville Intermediate School

Posted March 10, 2008
Child are expected to act as mindless robots on a daily basis and the school answer to normal behavior is detention, detention, detention. Please, as educated professionals, can't you find a more productive way of teaching and challenging our children than by dismissing them and making them feel as if they are insignificant and not worth the time.

Merrillville Intermediate School 2

Posted April 12, 2005
Your children must not be minorities, because if they are you won't get much help from the teachers.

Posted January 05, 2005
My son has been a student at MIS since September. I am completely satisfied & overjoyed that he is in a good school. His teachers are very caring and if there is a problem they are right on it. The communication is A+. He has learned more this year than at the private school I took him out of. I would recommend MIS and the town of Merrillville to anyone looking for a new community to live in. I don't regret my decision to leave my old community at all.

Merrillville Intermediate School
1400 West 61st Avenue, Merrillville, IN  46410
Last modified Merrillville Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merrillville Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top