Bad
Good

My son has been going to this school fir 2yrs now I love their school system this is one of the best schools in my area I would not change my son school ever

Seven of my eight grandchildren have attended or currently attend Fieler. I have had lunch with them on several occasions and have always been impressed with the behavior that is expected of the children. I like the seating assignments at lunch which encourage children to interact with those who are not their usual crowd. This practice exposes them to a wide variety of new friends they may have otherwise not had the opportunity to meet. Although it is generally hard to deter cliques from forming, the lunchroom seating curtails that behavior. I am also very impressed with the quiet zones set up throughout the school. Those zones teach the children to have respect for rules and teaches them to respect the areas of the school where peace and quiet are required. I am immensely impressed with Principal Patrick's leadership. Her students are some of the most well behaved children I have ever seen. Maybe that's why Fieler is the first elementary school in Indiana to become a model for the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support program! Great job Mrs. Patrick and students!

I've had 3 kids thrive at Fieler, all have gone on to be in the honors program at M. I. S. and Pierce Middle School. My two youngest currently attend Fieler and I have no doubt they too will go on to be just as successful. Every teacher that I have had the pleasure of interacting with genuinely cares about their students, they work tirelessly designing assignments that are challenging and confidence building for the kids. The Principal makes a point to know every student in her school, my kids have felt as close to her as they have to their teachers. Any concerns I've had throughout the years have been addressed immediately and appropriately. Above all I am impressed with the expectation that all students respect themselves as well as others, which seems to have curtailed bullying. I couldn't ask for a better environment for my kids. Everything my kids continue to accomplish can be traced back to the values that one or more of the teachers and principal at Fieler had instilled in them. Even the parents that selflessly volunteer, which I am ashamed to admit I am not one, have had a positive impact on my children. Every person at Fieler adds to the quality of the school.

These ratings are so old and outdated. I have a 4th grader and a 2st grader at this school. I have been involved with the school since my son starting attending. The teachers, principal, an ALL of the support staff here are very caring and dedicated. I think that the education that my children are receiving here is outstanding since they are both solid A & B students. I have to say that I am disappointed in the lack of parental involvement. I am only one of a few who actually attend meetings and volunteer to help. If more parents would be involved, this school would be unstoppable!!!!

Last modified Henry P Fieler Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.