Merrillville, IN

Posted March 03, 2015
I've had several children graduate from Andrean and one still in. The competition in the classroom on the playing field helped form them. They are well informed about their faith. Lastly, the children who graduated were accepted to the schools of their choice where they found themselves very well prepared for college academically.

Andrean High School 1

Posted August 16, 2014
This is a horrible, unorganized school. The students have to purchase their own books; if you are lucky, your book total is $600. The tuition goes up every year and doesn't include new things. There is no air conditioner nor heating system in the school. The administrators are all white except one teacher and they lack sincerity amongst the minorities. Plus the uniforms suck!

Andrean High School 4

Posted July 12, 2013
I attended this school and while I was not in the highest part of the class, I was still better prepared than most of the people I went to college with. I was able to handle the courses without any difficulty and able to take on the task of writing research papers because Andrean prepared me for them. I believe this school set the foundation for my future. I am grateful to my parents for the sacrifices they made to send me to this high school. I am not sure where I would have ended up, had I not gone here. The smaller classes and the personal care that the teachers gave made the experience unforgettable. If I had children of my own, I would make the same sacrifice to send them to Andrean so they too would be well prepared.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 26, 2010
I graduated from Andrean in the lower half of my class. However, when I got to college I was tutoring my sorority sisters who did not know how to write term papers, had not read 'the classics', & seemed to know little beyond basic Math and they all were in the National Honor Society, which I obviously was not. Yes, there were cliques then as well but for the most part, the students just ignored you and there wasn't any kind of bullying. There were endless opportunities to become involved. During my time there when students got in trouble, some were dismissed and others were handled appropriately. The Basilians ran things when I was there and they ran a tight ship. However, if we were in the area, I'd send my children there without thinking about it twice.

Posted October 28, 2009
Both of our son's attended Andrean High School. Our oldest will be graduating from VU this spring, going on to CUNY for his masters/hopefully doctorate. Our youngest is a sophmore in college and is doing well. Both boys came from public school and we fondly referred to them as the 'token Lutherans' at Andrean. We were always made to feel welcome, the teachers, staff & students made our family feel a part of the Andrean Family. The boys got the opportunity to participate in activities that they may not of been able to in a public school setting because of enrollment or politics. Both boys will tell you that they were more then prepared for college, in fact the writing skills they learned at Andrean has helped more then a few of their friends in college. Thank you Andrean......you gave us two very fine young men.

Andrean High School

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted September 19, 2009
I currently attend Andrean. They have great sports and everyone is a family.

Posted May 10, 2009
Andrean high school is a family, my family.

Posted July 31, 2008
Solid Values..Great teachers

Andrean High School 3

Posted March 12, 2008
I am a current student at Andrean. This is my first year at a private school. After spending a year here with the Andrean family, I would like to submit my opinion of the school system. The education is wonderful, just about every teacher is dedicated to each individual student. But some things I have noticed about Andrean, is that they lack certain things such as an up to date security system, classroom tools/machines that students use to learn. I would also like to add that the public school I had gone to was more advanced. Some of the things I learned this year, I had learned years ago, the students are now being introduced to old material, if compared. I give three stars, because my old school was 4, and I truely believe thats where Andrean stands. BUT compared to any other school districtly, Andrean is about a 4.5/5.

Andrean High School
5959 Broadway, Merrillville, IN  46410
Last modified Andrean High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Andrean High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top